Galloping Hill Golf Course
Kenilworth, New Jersey
In addition to 27 holes of golf, Galloping Hill boasts a GRAA Top 50 golf learning center and driving range and an acclaimed a la carte dining venue as well as one of the premier banquet facilities in the area that can seat up to 325 guests. KemperSports was selected in 2009 through a national RFP process by Union County to manage golf course operations, guide strategic programming and provide construction management for a new 45,000 square-foot clubhouse as well as a 4,100 square-foot golf learning center, which opened in 2013 and 2011, respectively.
Since the execution of our original contract, our relationship has been extended and expanded to include course, grounds and facility maintenance, management of Scotch Hills Country Club and Warinanco Sports Complex, and the exclusive concessionaire for Union County Golf Properties. Galloping Hill serves as the permanent residence of the New Jersey State Golf Association, the First Tee of Raritan Valley and LPGA/USGA Girls Golf of Greater Newark. This unique blend of services and amenities has fulfilled Union County’s goal of providing unrivaled recreation, dining and social opportunities to its residents. KemperSports worked with Union County to create the ultimate public-private partnership in the golf business in the state of New Jersey by providing residents and their guests an unsurpassed experience at Galloping Hill, “The Golf Course That Never Sleeps.”
- Hosted the 2016 NJSGA State Open Championship, the first time a municipal course was bestowed the honor of hosting this prestigious event
- Developed successful PR and branding strategy to become “The Golf Course that Never Sleeps” in New Jersey
- Partnered with The First Tee of Raritan Valley and LPGA/USGA Girls Golf of Greater Newark to serve as their home facilities
- Created and developed a junior golf program consisting of clinics, summer camps, lessons and matches, which has over 1,500 annual participants.
- Increased all sales outlets, including outing, banquet and restaurant businesses, by over 500% from 2009-2021
- Introduced and increased loyalty program sales by $130K
- Increased total revenue by over 300% from 2009-2021
- Developed partnership with the Union County Board of Commissioners
Ready for an analysis of your property?
We are ready to create a custom solution for your property and look forward to building a success story with you.