Equipment Operator – Lake Spanaway Golf Course
About Lake Spanaway Golf Course
Lake Spanaway Golf Course in Tacoma, Washington is owned and maintained by the Parks and Recreation Services division of Pierce County and managed by KemperSports. It is a classic course that appeals to the novice player but also challenges the best players in the region. From the old growth Douglas firs that line every fairway to the well-placed bunkers and large greens, Lake Spanaway is truly a wonderful golf experience. Learn more about it here!
A day in the life
Under general direction from the Golf Course Superintendent, Assistant Superintendent or Crew Supervisor, you will safely utilize a variety of tools, machinery and equipment to perform maintenance duties around the golf course and grounds.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Safely operating equipment and accessories as trained and assigned including, but not limited to, greens mowers, rotary mowers, flymos, gang mowers, tri-plex mowers, vertical mowers, line trimmers, edgers, utility vehicles, back-pack blowers, portable pumps, aerifiers, spikers, mechanical top dressers, sod cutters, mechanical bunker rakes, tractors, sweepers, blades, loaders, backhoes, trenchers, chain saws, and miscellaneous hand tools.
- Properly caring for assigned equipment by inspecting machinery before and after each use, cleaning machinery after each use, making necessary minor adjustments to equipment and reporting machinery/equipment problems to the mechanic.
- Maintaining maintenance and fluid use logs (gas and oil) on assigned equipment.
- Performing daily maintenance tasks on the golf course and grounds as well as the maintenance facility and clubhouse as assigned and directed. Duties may include, but not limited to, loading and unloading materials, trimming trees, removing cuttings, laying sod, hand raking bunkers, drainage installation and repair, and repairing ball marks and filling divots.
- Perform golf course service and set up work as directed.
- High school or equivalent
- 1 year experience with equipment and/or in golf course maintenance or landscaping preferred.
- Valid driver’s license. Driving record meeting Company safety policies and guidelines.
- Demonstrated ability to operate golf course equipment.
- Demonstrated quality verbal, and interpersonal communication skills.
- Ability to analyze and solve problems; efficiently handle multiple duties under pressure with minimal supervision; work flexible hours as required including nights/weekends.
- Positive attitude, professional manner and appearance in all situations.
KemperSports is an Equal Opportunity Employer