Forest Creek Golf Club
Round Rock, Texas
When KemperSports began managing Forest Creek Golf Club in January 2017, the facility faced several significant challenges after being minimally improved and neglected over the previous two decades. Though a long-time local favorite, course conditions were inconsistent, the clubhouse outdated and the level of service left much to be desired for, resulting in a culture of unappreciated staffers and disgruntled members and guests.
The City of Round Rock wanted Forest Creek to be a part of the “Sports Capital of Texas” brand it had built for itself. To do so would require large scale investments and the right partner to lay out and implement a strategic plan to ensure a return on those investments while also elevating the course’s operations in line with its other sports properties.
Round Rock found that partner in KemperSports, who, through short- and long-range CapEx and financial planning, community outreach and engagement programming, and an effective PR and marketing campaign, ushered in a new era at Forest Creek and created a place that golfers of all ages and skill levels today call home.
- Updated the clubhouse with new flooring, paint, furnishings and décor
- Replaced all kitchen equipment with new, up-to-date models
- Added new beverage cart(s) with increased service on the course
- Implemented new full service golf experience
- Rebuilt all the greens and converted them to TifEagle bermudagrass
- Renovated all bunkers utilizing the Better Billy Bunker System
- Installed wall-to-wall irrigation, an artificial tree line on the range, new netting and LED lighting for the entire practice facility
- Created the Forest Creek Junior Academy, a leading center of player development in the Austin area that boasts over 100 participants
- Grew lesson revenues by 43%, annual pass revenue by 30% and food & beverage revenue by 25% in 2021
- Hosted non-golf programming to engage with local community and generate more revenue through events such as weekly trivia, corn hole leagues, casino nights and hayrides
- Exceeded revenue goals by 34% and 54% in FY2020 and FY2021, respectively
- Increased rounds of golf played by 58% from FY2019 to FY2021
- Increased tournament revenue by 147% from 2019-2021
- Tournaments have grown exponentially over the past three years as have league play
- Named KemperSports’ 2020 Facility of the Year
- Upon a successful completion of the course renovation projects in September 2018, voted the No. 8 Most Improved Golf Course by GolfAdvisor
Ready for an analysis of your property?
We are ready to create a custom solution for your property and look forward to building a success story with you.