Country Club of St. Albans
St. Albans, Missouri
The Country Club of St Albans (CCSA) is the center piece of a 600-luxury home development in Franklin County, Mo., located southwest of suburban St. Louis. The Club offers two top 10 golf courses in the state of Missouri as rated by Golf Digest. The Tavern Creek Course was designed by Dana Fry and Dr. Michael Hurdzan, while the Lewis and Clark Course was designed by Tom Weiskopf and Jay Morrish. CCSA also offers aquatics, racquets and a 46,000-square foot clubhouse.
KemperSports was hired in 2016 by the Board of Directors of The Country Club of St. Albans as the Club was underperforming financially and in need of membership and service improvements. Over the 10 years prior, the Club had experienced a declining membership roster with low member engagement.
Starting in January 2017, KemperSports began to address CCSA’s needs by focusing on the following areas:
- Creating additional membership value while increasing member engagement and building revenues
- Improving membership sponsorship of prospective members
- Rebranding within the local market and increasing awareness of CCSA’s membership opportunities
This led to the implementation of the following solutions:
- Weiskopf Club – A club within a club program, members pay an additional dues structure for benefits that include guest usage, merchandise discounts, special events, among others
- GMAP – A golfer improvement program that offers members a monthly lesson included with their golf dues
- Golf Simulator – Installed a simulator to offer golf members additional opportunities for golf activities and practice
- ForeTees ClubCentral App – Afforded members better and more convenient access to club activities, events and services
- Enhanced Course Maintenance – New course maintenance practices were implemented to improve player satisfaction along with better access and playability
- Revamped Social Media Channels – Updated CCSA’s social media approach and increased usage of its platforms to increase membership engagement and public perception of the Club and activities
- Significantly increased member sponsored prospects and improved conversion rate
- Membership growth has now exceeded prior 10-year mark
- Golf member engagement hit all-time usage highs in 2021
- Club dues revenues returned to pre-2008 levels
- Social media engagement, likes and follows are at all-time highs with 2021 marking the largest following and highest engagement rate than any previous year
Ready for an analysis of your property?
We are ready to create a custom solution for your property and look forward to building a success story with you.