Opened in 1924, an 18-hole Devereaux Emmet original golf course began operation as the Lawrence Country Club. In 1960, at the insistence of the members of the Lawrence Golf Club (a private organization of golfers who played at the facility), the course was closed to daily greens fee play and designated as a “self-sustaining improvement“ under New York State Law supported principally by annual membership fees. The Club underwent a full redesign in the late 1960s, utilizing additional acreage, which the Village had acquired to lengthen the course to its present 6500 yards. The project, which left only one hole unchanged, was completed in 1969.
The Club now includes a pristine championship golf course, two pickleball courts, a 135-slip marina and a clubhouse on Bannister Creek.
Year Built: 1924
Architect: Devereaux Emmet (1924), Mark DeVries and Joe Finger (1967)
Course Length: 6,324 yards