Located just south of Buffalo, Cloverbank’s history dates back to 1956 when Bethlehem Steel purchased 400 acres in Hamburg, N.Y., to create the Bethlehem Management Club. The club was established two years later and opened in 1959 with the debut of an 18-hole, 7,061-yard layout designed by father-son duo William and David Gordon. For many years, the club was solely used as a personal playground for Bethlehem Steel employees and their families. In 1987, the club was sold and renamed Brierwood Country Club, a name it held until 2021 when locally based Southwestern Rogers, LLC acquired and reopened it as Cloverbank Country Club. In addition to the golf course, Cloverbank also includes a pool, fitness center, bowling alley, banquet facilities and Bobby O’Brian’s, a full-service restaurant open to the public.
Year Built: 1959
Architect: William and David Gordon
Course Length: 7,061 yards