Superintendent – Whiskey Creek Golf Club
About Whiskey Creek Golf Club
Whiskey Creek Golf Club is an 18 hole golf course located near Frederick, MD. We are a fully public facility that caters to the Washington DC and Baltimore metro markets. The course has a great reputation in the area and is often listed as one of the premier public courses in the state of Maryland. We are looking for service-oriented individuals to join our team.
Whiskey Creek opened in 2001 and was designed by Ernie Els – 4 time major champion. We offer our guests an enjoyable layout with great elevation changes and amazing views of the surrounding mountains. Equipped with a spacious driving range, chipping area, 5 sets of tees and a full-service dining facility, Whiskey Creek has everything necessary to cater to avid golfers as well as those who may be new to the game. We also offer a first-class experience to all of our guests from the time they arrive until the time they leave the property. Whiskey Creek is an amazing place to play and offers a great work environment for anyone looking to join our team. Read more here Whiskey Creek Golf Club
A day in the life
The Golf Course Superintendent should be a proven leader in the industry. They will be responsible for the following: the planning and implementation of the budget, development and implementation of agronomic plans, hiring, training, supervision of the maintenance team; all while being constantly focused on providing consistently world-class playing conditions. The selected individual will join our team and play a major role in enhancing our property, its staff, and its excellent reputation.
Responsibilities include, but not limited to:
- Develop the annual maintenance budget and operating plan.
- Plan and implement staffing schedules to ensure quality standards are achieved at minimum employee cost.
- Maintain the golf course in proper playing condition according to Company standards.
- Develop and maintain drainage, irrigation, pumping and water reservoir systems.
- Supervise all planting, fertilizing and care of turf, plants, shrubs, and trees on the golf course and grounds.
- Supervise course construction projects.
- Supervise equipment maintenance and repair operations. Establish and implement a cleaning and preventative maintenance program for appropriate equipment, tools, vehicles, etc.
- Ensure maintenance of all appropriate quality and cleanliness standards.
- Implement and monitor the purchase ordering and receiving program to maintain proper inventories of supplies and ensure proper quantity and price on all purchases.
- Ensure compliance with all applicable state and federal laws, OSHA rules and regulations, relating to chemical and fertilizer storage and disposal, employee safety, public safety, etc.
- Manage employment activities for applicable staff members, including but not limited to, personnel recruitment and selection, performance evaluations, training, compensation, discipline and termination, etc.
- Maintain knowledge of current and projected industry developments through continuous attention to industry periodicals and participation in relevant trade associations and organizations.
- Maintain accurate records for pertaining to department activities.
- Assure the efficient and timely submission of all required operational, financial, budgetary and related reports.
The ideal candidate should be positive, self-motivated, hard-working, team-oriented and possess a keen eye for detail.
- 1 or 2-year degree in a Turfgrass related field required.
- Bentgrass management experience required.
- 3 to 5 years of applicable functional supervisory and/or management experience in the golf industry preferred.
- Demonstrated experience and capability in the areas of budget development, financial management, strategic planning, staff management.
- Possess a high-level of written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills.
- Ability to analyze and solve problems; efficiently handle multiple duties under pressure with minimal supervision; work flexible hours as required including nights/weekends.
KemperSports Management is an Equal Opportunity Employer