Superintendent – Goldeneye Club
About Goldeneye Club
An exceptionally private, invitation-only Club spanning over 120 acres adjacent to the town of Lake Geneva. The par 71 course has three sets of tees, a large lake, smaller ponds, and over forty bunkers making for fun and dynamic play, for all skill levels. The setting is natural and beautiful, the member experience is inherently private. Future area plans include a luxury resort adjacent to the golf course. Learn more here
A day in the life
As the Superintendent, you will be responsible for all activities related to the care and maintenance of the golf course, grounds, and equipment. You will also apply relevant landscaping and horticultural principles to assure that quality standards are consistently achieved and/or exceeded.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Developing the annual maintenance budget and operating plan.
- Planning and implementing staffing schedules to ensure quality standards are achieved at minimum employee cost.
- Maintaining the golf course in proper playing condition according to Company standards.
- Developing and maintain drainage, irrigation, pumping and water reservoir systems.
- Supervising all planting, fertilizing and care of turf, plants, shrubs, and trees on the golf course and grounds; course construction projects and equipment maintenance and repair operations.
- Ensuring maintenance of all appropriate quality and cleanliness standards.
- Implementing and monitor the purchase ordering and receiving program to maintain proper inventories of supplies and ensure proper quantity and price on all purchases.
- Ensuring compliance with all applicable state and federal laws, OSHA rules and regulations, relating to chemical and fertilizer storage and disposal, employee safety, public safety, etc.
- Managing employment activities for applicable staff members.
- Maintaining knowledge of current and projected industry developments through continuous attention to industry periodicals and participation in relevant trade associations and organizations.
- Maintaining accurate records for pertaining to department activities.
- Assuring the efficient and timely submission of all required operational, financial, budgetary and related reports.
We are looking for someone who demonstrates experience and capability in the areas of budget development, fiscal management, strategic planning, staff management.
- High school education required, college degree preferred.
- 5 years applicable functional, supervisory and/or management experience, preferably in the golf industry.
- Demonstrated quality written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills.
- Ability to analyze and solve problems; efficiently handle multiple duties under pressure with minimal supervision; work flexible hours as required including nights/weekends.
- Positive attitude, professional manner and appearance in all situations.
KemperSports is an Equal Opportunity Employer