About Country Club of Winter Haven
Founded in 1923, Country Club of Winter Haven has a long and rich history in Florida private club golf. With thousands of feet of beautiful lakefront on Lake Hamilton, the club is situated on some of the most pristine property in Central Florida. Club amenities include 18-hole Rees Jones/Bill Bergin, newly renovated golf course, 7-court tennis facility, full-service clubhouse including banquet space, ceremony terrace, fitness, and boat ramp and dock. Learn more here!
A day in the life
As the Superintendent you will be responsible for all activities related to the care and maintenance of the golf course, grounds, and equipment. The Assistant Superintendent; Maintenance Foreman; Pesticides Application Specialist; Irrigation Specialist; Equipment Operators; Equipment Technician; Laborers will be under your supervision.
Also, you will apply relevant landscaping, horticultural principles to assure that quality standards are consistently achieved and/or exceeded.
Responsibilities include, but not limited to:
- Develop the annual maintenance budget and operating plan. Implement the plan according to Company operating policies and procedures to ensure cost containment.
- Plan and implement staffing schedules to ensure quality standards are achieved at minimum employee cost.
- Hire, train and supervise staff.
- Supervise course construction projects.
- Develop and maintain drainage, irrigation, pumping and water reservoir systems.
- Maintain the golf course in proper playing condition according to Company standards.
- Supervise all planting, fertilizing and care of turf, plants, shrubs, and trees on the golf course and grounds.
- Supervise equipment maintenance and repair operations. Establish and implement a cleaning and preventative maintenance program for appropriate equipment, tools, vehicles, etc.
- Ensure maintenance of all appropriate quality and cleanliness standards.
- Implement and monitor the purchase ordering and receiving program to maintain proper inventories of supplies and ensure proper quantity and price on all purchases.
- Ensure compliance with all applicable state and federal laws, OSHA rules and regulations, relating to chemical and fertilizer storage and disposal, employee safety, public safety, etc.
- Assure the efficient and timely submission of all required operational, financial, budgetary and related reports.
- Perform other duties as appropriate.
- High school education required, college degree preferred.
- 5 years applicable functional, supervisory and/or management experience, preferably in the golf industry.
- Demonstrated experience and capability in the areas of budget development, fiscal management, strategic planning, staff management.
- Demonstrated quality written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills.
- Ability to analyze and solve problems; efficiently handle multiple duties under pressure with minimal supervision; work flexible hours as required including nights/weekends.
- Positive attitude, professional manner and appearance in all situations.
KemperSports Management is an Equal Opportunity Employer