Sous Chef – New Albany Links
About New Albany Links
New Albany Links is a golf club that is open to the public yet still has that country club feel and playability. Along with the golf course, we offer a fitness facility, tennis courts, and a private pool as well as social events throughout the year. The clubhouse features a full-service restaurant, public bar, and banquet facilities.
A day in the life
As the Sous Chef you will work with the Executive Chef in supervising food production for all food outlets, banquet events and other functions at the club. You will also perform the function of “second-in-command” of the kitchen in the absence of the Executive Chef. Supervising food preparation personnel, assisting with food production tasks as needed and assuring that quality and cost standards are consistently attained will be an every day task for you.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Working with the Executive Chef on inventories, pricing, cost controls, requisitioning and issuing for food production.
- Managing employment activities for kitchen staff members.
- Establishing control and monitoring kitchen activities to minimize food and supply waste and theft.
- Assisting the Executive Chef with menu planning and related production activities.
- Ensuring proper staffing for maximum productivity and high standards of quality.
- Monitoring the condition of equipment and making recommendations for maintenance, repair and upkeep of the kitchen, its equipment and other areas of the club.
- Preparing reports, costs menus, makes schedules and performs administrative duties as assigned by the Executive Chef.
We are looking for someone with 2 years of culinary experience, supervisory and/or management experience, preferably in the golf industry who can work flexible hours as required including nights/weekends.
- College degree preferred, not required.
- State certified and/or Serve Safe certified.
- Demonstrated experience and capability in the areas of staff management and food control.
- Demonstrated quality written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills.
- Ability to analyze and solve problems; efficiently handle multiple duties under pressure with minimal supervision.
- Positive attitude, professional manner and appearance in all situations.
KemperSports Management is an Equal Opportunity Employer
To apply for this job please visit kempersports.com.