Hawthorn Woods Country Club
Hawthorn Woods Country Club is home to the area’s only Arnold Palmer Signature Golf Course, an 18-hole architectural jewel designed to challenge and thrill players of all levels. Carved along Lake County’s rolling countryside, Arnold Palmer masterfully created a design that enhances the essence of the local terrain. The clubhouse and golf course are the focal point of a Toll Brothers 520 home master-planned private community.
In addition to golf, Hawthorn Woods Country Club offers it’s over 500 member families exceptional dining and social activities, swimming and aquatics, year-round racquet sports (har tru clay courts and platform tennis), bocce ball and a full-service fitness center, all served by a 21,000 square foot clubhouse. www.hwccgolf.com
Works with the Executive Chef in supervising food production for all food outlets, banquet events and other functions at the club. Serves as “second-in-command” of the kitchen in the absence of the Executive Chef. Supervises food preparation personnel, assists with food production tasks as needed and assures that quality and cost standards are consistently attained.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Directly supervises the daily preparation of soups, sauces, and “specials”.
- Works with the Executive Chef on inventories, pricing, cost controls, requisitioning and issuing for food production.
- Assumes complete charge of the kitchen in the absence of the Executive Chef.
- Manages employment activities for kitchen staff members, including but not limited to:
Interviewing, selecting, training, planning the work, developing work schedules, and apportioning the work.
- Directing and monitoring work activities and evaluating performance.
- Handling complaints and administering discipline; terminating as appropriate.
- Ensuring sanitation and safety programs are closely followed.
- Establishes controls and monitors kitchen activities to minimize food and supply waste and theft.
- Assists the Executive Chef with menu planning and related production activities. Consistently maintains standards of quality, cost, eye appeal and flavor of prepared foods.
- Ensures proper staffing for maximum productivity and high standards of quality; controls food and payroll costs to achieve maximum profitability.
- Monitors the condition of equipment and makes recommendations for maintenance, repair and upkeep of the kitchen, its equipment and other areas of the club.
- Prepares reports, costs menus, makes schedules and performs administrative duties as assigned by the Exec Chef.
- Perform other duties as appropriate.
- College degree preferred.
- 2 years culinary experience, supervisory and/or management experience, preferably in the golf industry.
- State certified and/or Serve Safe certified.
- Demonstrated experience and capability in the areas of staff management and food control.
- Demonstrated quality written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills.
- Ability to analyze and solve problems; efficiently handle multiple duties under pressure with minimal supervision; work flexible hours as required including nights/weekends.
- Positive attitude, professional manner and appearance in all situations.
Sauce Cook; Fry Cook; Line Prep Cook; Breakfast Cook; Garde Manger; Butcher; Broiler Cook; Assistant Cook;
Saute Cook; Salad Preparation Assistant.
Full-time, Non-Seasonal, Salaried, Exempt
KemperSports Management is an Equal Opportunity Employer