About Hawthorn Woods Country Club
Hawthorn Woods Country Club is home to the area’s newest Arnold Palmer Signature Golf Course, an 18-hole architectural jewel designed to challenge and thrill players of all levels. Carved along Lake County’s rolling countryside, Arnold Palmer masterfully created a design that enhances the essence of the local terrain. The clubhouse and golf course are the focal point of a Toll Brothers 520 home master-planned private community. In addition to golf, Hawthorn Woods Country Club offers it’s over 500 member families exceptional dining and social activities, swimming and aquatics, year-round racquet sports (har tru clay courts and platform tennis) and a full-service fitness center, all served by a 21,000 square foot clubhouse.
A day in the life
This is a full-time or part-time opportunity.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Provide immediate attention to all members/guests upon seating, greet warmly and distribute menus.
• If local water conservation laws permit, fill glasses with ice water while guests decide upon order; answer questions and suggest menu items.
• Take member/guest food and/or drink orders.
• Turn orders into kitchen; inform cooks about any special cooking instructions.
• Assemble food on tray; procure items from each station as necessary.
• Serve meal; place dishes by courses in front of each person; serve from left of the person.
• Check back to ensure member/guest satisfaction; replenish water and butter as necessary.
• Remove soiled dishes as guests finished.
• Suggest and serve dessert, coffee, and after dinner drinks.
• Verify accuracy of prices, state and federal taxes, tips and other charges on all checks and present bill to guests.
• Handle all cash and credit cards as applicable from guest/member charges as prescribed by standard operating procedures.
• Keep tables, dining room and bus station clean and tidy.
• Advises supervisor of any complaints as soon as they occur.
• Performs side work, clean-up and closing duties as assigned.
• Attend pre-meal meetings as requested.
• Turn in signed tip declaration form weekly (where applicable)
• Perform other duties as appropriate.
- High school preferred.
- 1 year server experience preferred.
- Demonstrated quality written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills.
- Ability to analyze and solve problems; efficiently handle multiple duties under pressure with minimal supervision; work flexible hours as required including nights/weekends.
- Positive attitude, professional manner and appearance in all situations.
KemperSports Management is an Equal Opportunity Employer