Server- Country Club of Winter Haven
Founded in 1923, Country Club of Winter Haven has a long and rich history in Florida private club golf. With thousands of feet of beautiful lakefront on Lake Hamilton, the club is situated on some of the most pristine property in Central Florida. Club amenities include 18-hole Rees Jones/Bill Bergin, newly renovated golf course, 7-court tennis facility, full-service clubhouse including banquet space, ceremony terrace, fitness, boat ramp and dock.
A day in the life
You will greet and serve food and/or beverages to patrons.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Provide immediate attention to all members/guests upon seating, greet warmly and distribute menus.
- If local water conservation laws permit, fill glasses with ice water while guests decide upon order; answer questions and suggest menu items.
- Take member/guest food and/or drink orders.
- Turn orders into kitchen; inform cooks about any special cooking instructions.
- Assemble food on tray; procure items from each station as necessary.
- Serve meal; place dishes by courses in front of each person; serve from left of the person.
- Check back to ensure member/guest satisfaction; replenish water and butter as necessary.
- Remove soiled dishes as guests finished.
- Suggest and serve dessert, coffee, and after dinner drinks.
- Verify accuracy of prices, state and federal taxes, tips and other charges on all checks and present bill to guests.
- Handle all cash and credit cards as applicable from guest/member charges as prescribed by standard operating procedures.
- Keep tables, dining room and bus station clean and tidy.
- Advises supervisor of any complaints as soon as they occur.
- Performs side work, clean-up and closing duties as assigned.
- Attend pre-meal meetings as requested.
- Turn in signed tip declaration form weekly (where applicable)
- Perform other duties as appropriate.
We are looking for someone with part-time or full-time and seasonal or non-seasonal availability.
- High school preferred.
- 1 year server experience preferred.
- Demonstrated quality written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills.
- Ability to analyze and solve problems; efficiently handle multiple duties under pressure with minimal supervision; work flexible hours as required including nights/weekends.
- Positive attitude, professional manner and appearance in all situations.
KemperSports Management is an Equal Opportunity Employer