Server – Cedar Point Club
About Cedar Point Club
The crown jewel of Cedar Point Club is the 18-hole championship golf course, renovated in 2004. The course is immaculately maintained with greens that are fast and true. Well-groomed bunkers and attractive landscaping reflect the conscientiousness of the caretakers. The golf course is challenging and presents plenty of temptations to the more polished golfer.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Provide immediate attention to all members/guests upon seating, greet warmly and distribute menus.
- Take member/guest food and/or drink orders.
- Turn orders into kitchen; inform cooks about any special cooking instructions.
- Assemble food on tray; procure items from each station as necessary.
- Serve meal; place dishes by courses in front of each person; serve from left of the person.
- Check back to ensure member/guest satisfaction; replenish water and butter as necessary.
- Remove soiled dishes as guests finished.
- Suggest and serve dessert, coffee, and after dinner drinks.
- Verify accuracy of prices, state and federal taxes, tips and other charges on all checks and present bill to guests.
- Handle all cash and credit cards as applicable from guest/member charges as prescribed by standard operating procedures.
- Keep tables, dining room and bus station clean and tidy.
- Advises supervisor of any complaints as soon as they occur.
- Performs side work, clean-up and closing duties as assigned.
- Attend pre-meal meetings as requested.
- Turn in signed tip declaration form weekly (where applicable)
- Full-time or part-time availability.
- High school preferred.
- 1 year server experience preferred.
- Demonstrated quality written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills.
- Ability to analyze and solve problems; efficiently handle multiple duties under pressure with minimal supervision; work flexible hours as required including nights/weekends.
- Positive attitude, professional manner and appearance in all situations.
- Current Western Tidewater District, Virginia Food Handlers Card (available from statefoodsafety.com)
KemperSports Management is an Equal Opportunity Employer