Website Spring Hollow Golf Club
Greets and serves food and/or beverages to patrons.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide immediate attention to all members/guests upon seating, greet warmly and distribute menus.
- If local water conservation laws permit, fill glasses with ice water while guests decide upon order; answer questions and suggest menu items.
- Take member/guest food and/or drink orders.
- Turn orders into kitchen; inform cooks about any special cooking instructions.
- Assemble food on tray; procure items from each station as necessary.
- Serve meal; place dishes by courses in front of each person; serve from left of the person.
- Check back to ensure member/guest satisfaction; replenish water and butter as necessary.
- Remove soiled dishes as guests finished.
- Suggest and serve dessert, coffee, and after dinner drinks.
- Verify accuracy of prices, state and federal taxes, tips and other charges on all checks and present bill to guests.
- Handle all cash and credit cards as applicable from guest/member charges as prescribed by standard operating procedures.
- Keep tables, dining room and bus station clean and tidy.
- Advises supervisor of any complaints as soon as they occur.
- Performs side work, clean-up and closing duties as assigned.
- Attend pre-meal meetings as requested.
- Turn in signed tip declaration form weekly (where applicable)
- Perform other duties as appropriate.
- High school preferred.
- 1year server experience preferred.
- Demonstrated quality written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills.
- Ability to analyze and solve problems; efficiently handle multiple duties under pressure with minimal supervision; work flexible hours as required including nights/weekends.
- Positive attitude, professional manner and appearance in all situations.
Position Physical Requirements
Must have the ability to:
- Read and write (English)
- Communicate verbally with staff members and/or customers
- Give and/or follow verbal and written instructions
- Visually inspect all work areas
- Perform mathematical calculations involving fractions, decimals, and percentages
- Retrieve, read and interpret information from technical sources
- Stand, sit, walk, push, pull, lift, grasp, bend and kneel for up to 5 hours at a time
- Lift up to 50 lbs occasionally, 30 lbs frequently, and 20 lbs constantly
Work hours may include days and evenings on weekdays and weekends. Work primarily indoors in a restaurant/lounge environment, with some outdoor work involving patio, pool, and on-course service. Will be exposed to sharp utensils, extremely hot stoves and grills, sharp and rapid equipment movements, hot food, potentially dangerous chemicals and solvents on a daily basis. May be exposed, from time to time, to inclement weather, potentially dangerous pesticides, herbicides, fertilizers, equipment movement hazards, and misdirected golf balls. Injury may result as a result of exposure to the above if safety policies and practices are not properly followed at all times.
Part-time or Full-time, Seasonal or Non-Seasonal, Hourly, Non-Exempt
KemperSports Management is an Equal Opportunity Employer