Sales and Marketing Manager – Nemadji Golf Course
About Nemadji Golf Course
Located in Superior, Wisconsin, near Lake Superior, Nemadji Golf Course offers unparalleled views coupled with a unique topography and beautiful tree-lined fairways. This 36-hole facility includes design elements from three distinctly different architects — Stanley Pelcher, Don Herfort and Roger Packard, who also designed courses at two other KemperSports-managed properties. In addition to the courses, Nemadji provides exceptional practice facilities including putting greens, chipping greens, full driving range and par-3 practice course. It also offers an array of other amenities, including a full-service bar and grill, banquet space and a large golf shop.
A day in the life
As the Sales and Marketing Manager you will be responsible for the development and implementation of sales and marketing strategies, plans, and programs primarily designed to increase golf outings and rounds played, maximize revenues, and promote a positive image of the facility.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Develop and implement sales, marketing and public relations plans and strategies which serve to increase rounds played, promote a positive Company image, and maximize revenues according to overall fiscal and operational budgeted goals.
- Build relationships with media, hotels, convention contacts, golf associations, civic organizations, etc. to promote group outings, special events, and tournament play.
- Develop and organize group outings, special events and tournaments and manage communication between departments to help ensure coordination of activities.
- Monitor facility activities and make recommendations to improve customer service and/or operational efficiencies.
- Represent the Company in meetings and/or presentations with various clients, municipalities, and other outside agencies regarding the marketing related plans and strategies.
- Review and analyze internal and external market information, which reflects customer purchase, usage, and satisfaction with Company products and services.
- Monitor and track results of marketing and sales efforts, analyze budget variances and recommend revised action plans to achieve budgeted goals.
- Maintain knowledge of current and projected industry developments through continuous attention to marketing and golf industry periodicals and participation in relevant trade organizations.
- Assure the efficient and timely submission of all required operational, financial, budgetary and related marketing and sales reports, including an annual Sales & Marketing Plan.
- Maintain and update facility website, send e-blasts to customer database, plan and execute social media campaigns and social media content development, monitor and respond to reviews as appropriate, coordinate advertising activities using third party agencies, and produce collateral for print and digital platforms
- Cross train other key staff members regarding the general sales process and important components as appropriate to facilitate the overall success of the team.
We are looking for someone with 5 years of applicable marketing, sales, and management experience, preferably in the golf industry.
- BA or BS degree preferred.
- Demonstrated experience and capability in the areas of budget development, fiscal management, strategic planning, staff management, marketing, sales, public relations and community relations.
- Demonstrated quality written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills.
- Ability to analyze and solve problems; efficiently handle multiple duties under pressure with minimal supervision; work flexible hours as required including nights/weekends.
- Positive attitude, professional manner and appearance in all situations.
KemperSports Management is an Equal Opportunity Employer