Sales and Marketing Manager – Cypress Head Golf Club
About Cypress Head
Cypress Head Golf Club has been voted ”The Best Course in Volusia County” every year since 2009, and is often described as “The public course you’ll want to play again and again.“
Renowned course architects Arthur Hills and Mike Dasher were commissioned to use the abundant Florida topography, thick forests, wetlands and water to create Cypress Head Golf Club – a fair but challenging layout.
The golf course is versatile with a variety of tee boxes allowing the course to play from under 4900 to just over 6800 yards with many risk/reward options. Fairways are quite generous and the Bermuda greens at Cypress Head are medium-sized, undulating and always in top condition. The course features interesting design characteristics, such as back-to-back par 3’s on the front 9 and back-to-back par 5’s on the back nine. Club selection is always key to a good score thanks to the ever-present Atlantic Ocean breezes.
Owned by the City of Port Orange and managed by KemperSports, Cypress Head is located just minutes from Daytona Beach, New Smyrna Beach, and the Daytona International Speedway. Widely praised for the pristine course conditioning, Cypress Head offers the golfer a private club /resort experience, but with more reasonable pricing.
A day in the life
The Sales & Marketing Director is responsible for the development and implementation of sales and marketing strategies, plans, and programs primarily designed to increase golf rounds played, maximize revenues, and promote a positive image of the facility. Responsibilities include the implementation of various strategies including direct and/or telephone sales, direct marketing communications, advertising, special event promotions, public relations, media relations, and community & municipal relations, etc. Responsibilities also include conducting periodic market research to provide information essential for revising current programs, which enhance the Company’s competitiveness in the marketplace, as well as for fiscal and operational analysis as appropriate.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Develop and implement sales, marketing and public relations plans and strategies which serve to increase rounds played, promote a positive Company image, and maximize revenues according to overall fiscal and operational budgeted goals.
- Build relationships with media, hotels, convention contacts, golf associations, civic organizations, etc. to promote group outings, special events, and tournament play
- Develop and organize group outings, special events and tournaments and manage communication between departments to help ensure coordination of activities. Maintain positive relationships and communicate clearly, tactfully, and persuasively with employees, customers and outside contacts as applicable. Ensure that all employees, especially customer contact personnel, fully understand all pertinent details in order to maximize customer satisfaction.
- Represent the Company in meetings and/or presentations with various clients, municipalities, and other outside agencies regarding the marketing related plans and strategies.
- Review and analyze internal and external market information, which reflects customer purchase, usage, and satisfaction with Company products and services. Monitor and track results of marketing and sales efforts, analyze budget variances and recommend revised action plans to achieve budgeted goals.
- Maintain knowledge of current and projected industry developments through continuous attention to marketing and golf industry periodicals and participation in relevant trade organizations.
- Assure the efficient and timely submission of all required operational, financial, budgetary and related marketing and sales reports.
- Cross train other key staff members regarding the general sales process and important components as appropriate to facilitate the overall success of the team.
- Monitor website activity daily and possess the ability to manage and update the website in a timely fashion. This includes setting up tournament microsites and managing account activities for all relevant events.
- Develop and maintain a consistent, professional email marketing platform, coordinating the proper distribution schedule for all tournament announcements, marketing campaigns, and other appropriate email campaigns.
- Supervise all Social media activity and maintain a high engagement with all of our followers.
We are looking for someone with 5 years of applicable marketing, sales, and management experience, preferably in the golf industry.
- BA or BS degree preferred.
- Demonstrated experience and capability in the areas of budget development, fiscal management, strategic planning, staff management, marketing, sales, public relations, and community relations.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite of programs, email marketing platforms, POS systems, website CMS, sales/CRM platforms (Lightspeed, Salesforce, Canva, etc.), Google Suite of products, social media platforms, etc.
- Demonstrated quality written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills.
- Ability to analyze and solve problems; efficiently handle multiple duties under pressure with minimal supervision; work flexible hours as required including nights/weekends.
- Positive attitude, professional manner, and appearance in all situations.
KemperSports Management is an Equal Opportunity Employer