Sales and Marketing Manager – Iron Horse Golf Course
About Iron Horse Golf Course
Conveniently located in the heart of North Richland Hills, Iron Horse Golf Course’s remarkable golf, array of amenities, and friendly, personalized service have earned it recognition among the finest daily fee golf properties in the DFW Metroplex. From our Dick Phelps-designed championship layout to our delicious dining and spectacular event capabilities, every detail has been designed to exceed guests’ expectations and create lasting memories.
A day in the life
As the Sales and Marketing Director you will be responsible responsible for the development and implementation of sales and marketing strategies, plans, and programs primarily designed to increase social event sales, improve golf rounds played, maximize revenues, and promote a positive image of the facility.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Implementation of various strategies including direct and/or telephone sales, direct marketing communications, advertising, special event promotions, public relations, media relations, and community & municipal relations, etc.
- Conducting periodic market research to provide information essential for revising current programs, which enhance the company’s competitiveness in the marketplace, as well as for fiscal and operational analysis as appropriate.
- Develop and implement sales, marketing and public relations plans and strategies which serve to increase social event bookings, rounds played, promote a positive company image, and maximize revenues according to overall fiscal and operational budgeted goals.
- Build relationships with media, hotels, convention contacts, golf associations, civic organizations, etc. to promote group outings, special events, and tournament play.
- Develop and organize weddings, group outings, special events and tournaments and manage communication between departments to help ensure coordination of activities.
- Monitor facility activities and make recommendations to improve customer service and/or operational efficiencies.
- Represent the company in meetings and/or presentations with various clients, municipalities, and other outside agencies regarding the marketing related plans and strategies.
- Review and analyze internal and external market information, which reflects customer purchase, usage, and satisfaction with company products and services.
- Maintain knowledge of current and projected industry developments through continuous attention to marketing and golf industry periodicals and participation in relevant trade organizations.
- Assure the efficient and timely submission of all required operational, financial, budgetary and related marketing and sales reports.
- Cross train other key staff members regarding the general sales process and important components as appropriate to facilitate the overall success of the team.
We are looking for someone with 5 years of applicable marketing, sales, and management experience, preferably in the golf industry.
- BA or BS degree preferred.
- Demonstrated experience and capability in the areas of budget development, fiscal management, strategic planning, staff management, marketing, sales, public relations, and community relations.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite of programs, email marketing platforms, POS systems, website CMS, sales/CRM platforms (Tripleseat, Salesforce, Pipedrive, etc.), Google Suite of products, social media platforms, etc.
- Demonstrated quality written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills.
- Ability to analyze and solve problems; efficiently handle multiple duties under pressure with minimal supervision; work flexible hours as required including nights/weekends.
- Positive attitude, professional manner, and appearance in all situations.
KemperSports Management is an Equal Opportunity Employer