Lake of Isles
Lake of Isles is a 36-hole Rees Jones-designed golf club located in North Stonington, Connecticut. Since opening in 2005, Lake of Isles has consistently been ranked as one of the top golf facilities in the country. Owned by the Mashantucket Pequot Tribal Nation and located across the street from Foxwoods Resort Casino, the two courses wind their way through 900 acres of wooded Connecticut countryside and around a 90-acre lake. Managed by Kemper Sports, Lake of Isles offers the ultimate golf experience. In addition to superior service and impeccable course conditions, amenities include a 50,000 sq. ft. clubhouse and a state-of-the-art indoor and outdoor practice facility.
Experience the Wonder of it all!
Directs the financial activities of the Property. Develops policies to control and coordinate accounting, auditing, budgets, taxes and related activities and records; develops, establishes and administers procedures and systems pertaining to financial matters; prepares financial statements, forecasts and analyses for all administrative and managerial functions. Maintains all accounting records and is responsible for development, analysis and interpretation of statistical and accounting information. Evaluates operating results in terms of costs, budgets, operational policies, trends and increased profit possibilities. Serves as HR and benefits liaison for the Property. Supervises the staffing, scheduling, training and professional development of department members.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manage the general accounting activities of the property including accounts payable, payroll and cash management / receivables.
- Manage cash flow on a daily / weekly / monthly basis including cash forecasting and projections.
- Develop and/or adhere to existing policies and procedures to control and coordinate accounting, auditing, budgets, cost control, payroll, taxes and related financial activities and records.
- Assist the General Manager in the preparation of annual budgets and financial forecasts in coordination with various departments.
- Prepare, verify, and disseminate monthly financial statements, supporting schedules, statistical analyses and accounting reports as necessary and appropriate for management, Home Office, and clients.
- Ensure that procedures are in place to safeguard company assets, assure that records are accurately maintained and that established policies and practices are satisfactorily and consistently followed.
- Prepare monthly Balance Sheet reconciliations.
- Ensure all cash and receipts are collected and proper bank deposits are made. Perform daily reconciliation of point of sale revenues, tax liabilities, and cash/charge receipts.
- Manage any cash banks (petty cash, cash drawers, caddie cash, etc.) at the property
- Prepare and/or supervise the preparation of applicable federal, state and local tax returns.
- Ensure that all business licenses, liquor licenses, certificates of operation, and other licenses/permits are current and properly maintained.
- Manage employment activities for the property, including but not limited to assisting Department Heads with personnel recruitment and selection, performance evaluations, training, compensation planning, discipline ,and terminations.
- Responsible for Human Resource administrative duties including but not limited to maintaining the employee files/records, onboarding new staff members (staff handbook review and benefit orientation), and unemployment compensation reporting.
- Manage the insurance administrative duties for the property, including but not limited to claim reporting and supporting the General Manager in company-wide safety programs such as Safety National.
- Manage the payroll process for the property ensuring timely and accurate pay of staff. Maintain the property time keeping system. Work closely with home office payroll team to prepare/edit weekly time sheets, enter and submit bi-weekly payroll to home office and track employee vacation.
- Maintain knowledge of current and projected industry developments through continuous attention to golf industry periodicals and participation in relevant trade associations and organizations.
- Perform other duties as appropriate.
- Associates degree in accounting or finance from an accredited educational institution.
- CPA and experience with Microsoft Dynamics GP (Great Plains) preferred.
- 3-5 years applicable accounting experience in the hospitality industry preferred.
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills.
- Demonstrated proficiency in Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Ability to analyze/solve problems, multitask and work in a fast paced environment.
- Organization and attention to detail, a positive attitude, and ability to communicate effectively to staff.
Must have the ability to:
- Read and write (English)
- Communicate verbally with staff members and/or customers
- Give and/or follow verbal and written instructions
- Supervise subordinates
- Perform mathematical calculations involving fractions, decimals, and percentages
- Retrieve, read and interpret information from technical sources
- Stand, sit, walk, push, pull, lift, grasp, bend and kneel for up to 5 hours at a time
- Lift up to 50 lbs occasionally, 20 lbs frequently, and 10 lbs constantly
Full-time, Year-round, Exempt
KemperSports Management is an Equal Opportunity Employer