Cloverbank Country Club
Cloverbank Country Club is located in Hamburg, New York. It offers various activities, such as bowling, swimming, tennis, and golf. The golf course was designed by Martin & Martin and opened in 1959. Prior to 2021, the club operated as the Brierwood Country Club.
This position will oversee the Golf Clubs’ accounting activities, serve as the HR and benefits liaison with the Home Office, and report to the Regional Controller. The property accountant will respond to all client questions and requests pertaining to all financial facets. The position also works closely with the Golf Club General Manager and department heads to maintain all accounting records and develop, analyze, and interpret all accounting information.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Prepare, verify, and disseminate monthly financial statements including supporting schedules, statistical analyses, and accounting reports as necessary and appropriate for management, Home Office, and client.
- Manage, maintain, bill, and send Membership accounts and statements.
- Creating great communication and rapport with client.
- Manage the general accounting activities of the property including accounts payable, payroll, and cash management / receivables.
- Prepare monthly Balance Sheet reconciliations.
- Ensure all cash and receipts are collected and proper bank deposits are made. Perform daily reconciliation of point-of-sale revenues, tax liabilities, and cash/charge receipts.
- Manage cash flow on a daily / weekly / monthly basis.
- Develop and/or adhere to existing policies and procedures to control and coordinate accounting, auditing, budgets, cost control, payroll, taxes, and related financial activities and records.
- Assist the General Manager in the preparation of annual budgets and financial forecasts in coordination with various departments.
- Ensure that procedures are in place to safeguard company assets, assure that records are accurately maintained, and that established policies and practices are consistently followed.
- Manage any cash banks (petty cash, cash drawers, etc.) at the property.
- Prepare and/or supervise the preparation of applicable state and local tax returns.
- Ensure that all business licenses, liquor licenses, certificates of operation, and other licenses/permits are current and properly maintained.
- Manage employment activities for the property, including but not limited to assisting Department Heads with personnel recruitment and selection, performance evaluations, training, compensation planning, discipline, and terminations.
- Responsible for Human Resource administrative duties including but not limited to maintaining the employee files/records, onboarding new staff members (staff handbook review and benefit orientation), and unemployment compensation reporting.
- Manage the insurance administrative duties for the property, including but not limited to claim reporting and supporting the General Manager in company-wide safety programs such as Safety National.
- Manage the payroll process for the property ensuring timely and accurate pay of staff. Maintain the property time keeping system. Work closely with home office payroll team to prepare/edit weekly time sheets, enter, and submit weekly payroll to home office and track employee vacation.
- Perform other duties as appropriate.
- College degree in accounting or finance.
- Experience with Microsoft Dynamics GP (Great Plains) preferred.
- 3-5 years applicable accounting experience in the hospitality industry preferred.
- Organization, attention to detail, a positive attitude, and ability to communicate effectively to staff and client.
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills.
- Demonstrated proficiency in Microsoft Excel and Word.
- Ability to analyze/solve problems, multitask, and work in a fast-paced environment.
Full-time, Exempt, Year-round
KemperSports Management is an Equal Opportunity Employer