Rock Spring Golf Club
Rock Spring Golf Club at West Orange features one of only two public golf courses in the United States designed by legendary architect Seth Raynor, whose highly-ranked work includes Fisher’s Island in New York, Shoreacres on Chicago’s North Shore and Mid Ocean Club in Bermuda. Twelve of Raynor’s courses are on GOLF Magazine’s list of the Top 100 in the U.S.
Rock Spring’s 6,600-yard par-71 course sits on a rolling, tree-lined site and features many of Raynor’s trademark design elements with truly unique and creative green complexes. Founded in 1925, Rock Spring Golf Club at West Orange has played host to the New Jersey State Open (1981, 1990, 2000 and 2009), the US Healthcare Classic, and many state PGA and USGA qualifying events.
Located just 15 miles west of Manhattan, Rock Spring Golf Club at West Orange also features a clubhouse with sweeping views of the Manhattan skyline, Cable Lake and Second Mountain.
Participates in all activities related to outside member/guest services. Activities may include serving as a valet in the bag drop area, transporting golf bags from the parking lot and/or bag storage area to and from golf carts, cleaning clubs, staging and/or returning golf cars, performing practice range duties, cleaning and maintaining golf cars, etc. Responsibilities also include greeting and interacting with members/guests and providing information and/or assistance as appropriate.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Bring carts from cart shelter to cart staging area. Ensure that carts are clean, operating properly and are properly equipped with towels, pencils, score cards, tees, sand/seed mix bottles, ice water, etc. Report any repair problems to the supervisor and mechanic.
- Perform valet duties in the bag drop area including greeting and interacting with members/guests, removing golf bags from cars, and providing information, directions and/or assistance as appropriate.
- Transport golf bags from the bag drop area or bag storage room and load onto assigned golf carts.
- Greet golfers returning from the course, clean golf clubs, unload golf clubs from carts and assist with transporting and loading into vehicles or returning bags to the storage area as appropriate.
- Return golf cars to the cart storage area. Remove towels, pencils, score cards, tees, trash, etc., from carts and save reusable items. Wash cart with pressure cleaner, park cart and connect charger cable.
- Perform practice range duties including transporting range balls to each end of range and filling appropriate containers, cleaning and maintaining the tee area, repositioning bag stands or barriers, removing trash from receptacles, refilling water jugs, operating the ball picker on the range, washing range balls, etc.
- Perform other duties as appropriate.
- High school preferred.
- No experience necessary
- Demonstrated quality interpersonal communication skills.
- Ability to efficiently handle multiple duties under pressure with minimal supervision; work flexible hours as required including evenings/weekends.
- Positive attitude, professional manner and appearance in all situations.
Position Physical Requirements
Must have the ability to:
- Read and write (English)
- Communicate verbally with staff members and/or customers with or without the use of two-way radios.
- Give and/or follow verbal and written instructions
- Visually inspect all work areas, golf course and grounds
- See players on the golf course, and to follow the flight of golf balls
- Operate vehicles and equipment for several hours at a time
- Stand, walk, push, pull, lift, grasp, bend and kneel for up to 5 hours at a time
- Lift up to 100 lbs occasionally, 50 lbs frequently, and 20 lbs constantly
Work hours may include days and evenings on weekdays and weekends. Subject to inside and outside environmental conditions. May be exposed to inclement weather, potentially dangerous chemicals, solvents, pesticides, herbicides, and fertilizers, misdirected golf balls, sharp and rapid equipment movement on a daily basis. Injury may result as a result of exposure to the above if safety policies and practices are not properly followed.
Golf clubs, golf cars
Part-time, seasonal, non-exempt
KemperSports Management is an Equal Opportunity Employer