Iron Horse Golf Course
Conveniently located in the heart of North Richland Hills, Iron Horse Golf Course’s remarkable golf, array of amenities, and friendly, personalized service have earned it recognition among the finest daily fee golf properties in the DFW Metroplex. From the Dick Phelps and Jeff Brauer designed championship layout to delicious dining and spectacular event facility, every detail has been designed to exceed guests’ expectations and create lasting memories. Iron Horse reopened in September 2021 after a golf course and clubhouse renovation featuring Better Billy Bunkers, enhanced clubhouse amenities and many more upgrades. KemperSports was selected to continue elevating Iron Horse into one of the top golf and special event destinations in DFW.
For more information, please visit www.ironhorsetx.com/
This position is responsible for helping control pace of play on the golf course by directing players to the first tee in a timely and orderly fashion. Responsibilities may also include informing golfers on the rules of the course, on-course safety and etiquette, and the expected duration of playing time.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Greet and welcome all golfers. Provide information regarding golf course conditions, local rules, expected playing time, golf course safety and emergency procedures, golf course etiquette, and other golf-related issues.
- Verify that all revenues have been properly recorded by inspecting receipts for all players before they depart to the golf course, practice tee or range.
- Assist players as necessary including ensuring that players’ golf bags are securely placed in carts and distributing scorecards, pencils and local rules of play. Assist golf shop staff in accommodating golfers’ needs as appropriate.
- Record golf car assignments and assist the outside golf staff in the assignment and control of golf cars.
- Review and maintain time sheets to anticipate playing time problems. Monitor turn times and keep the golf shop staff and golf course rangers informed regarding potential speed of play issues.
- Maintain clean and orderly appearance of starter’s area at all times.
- Maintain knowledge of emergency procedures, location of emergency equipment, and reporting procedures. Provide emergency assistance to golfers and other guests as necessary according to Company procedures.
- Assist golf shop staff in preparing for and running tournaments, clinics and other special events.
- Perform other duties as appropriate.
- High school education preferred.
- Familiarity with rules of golf and golf course etiquette.
- Demonstrated quality written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills.
- Ability to analyze and solve problems; efficiently handle multiple duties under pressure with minimal supervision; work flexible hours as required including weekends.
- Positive attitude, professional manner and appearance in all situations.
Part-time, Non-Seasonal, Hourly
KemperSports Management is an Equal Opportunity Employer