Marketing and Sales Manager
Website Covered Bridge Golf Club
Located in beautiful Southern Indiana and less than 20 minutes from downtown Louisville, KY, these Clubs are the premier daily fee golf courses in the region. Both Clubs are in a fast-growing upscale community and hosts golf, golf outings, weddings, meetings, and events.
This position is responsible for the development and implementation of sales and marketing strategies, plans, and programs primarily designed to increase Annual Passholders, catering sales, golf rounds played, maximize revenues, and promote a positive image of the facility. Responsibilities include the implementation of various strategies including direct and/or telephone sales, direct marketing communications, advertising, special event promotions, public relations, media relations, and community etc. Responsibilities also include conducting periodic market research to provide information essential for revising current programs, which enhance the course’s competitiveness in the marketplace, as well as for fiscal and operational analysis as appropriate. Other responsibilities include the banquet service function in the club. Supervise banquet service personnel to assure member and guest satisfaction through proper food and beverage service and presentation. Maximize the club’s profitability from the catering function.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Develop and implement sales, marketing and public relations plans and strategies which serve to increase Annual Passholders, catering event sales and golf rounds played, promote a positive facility image, and maximize revenues according to overall fiscal and operational budgeted goals.
- Promote banquets, corporate and special events.
- Develop and organize weddings, social events and tournaments and manage communication between departments to help ensure coordination of activities. Maintain positive relationships and communicate clearly, tactfully, and persuasively with staff members, customers and outside contacts as applicable. Ensure that all staff members, especially customer contact personnel, fully understand all pertinent details in order to maximize customer satisfaction.
- Monitor facility activities and make recommendations to improve customer service and/or operational efficiencies.
- Represent the facility in meetings and/or presentations with various clients, and other outside agencies regarding the marketing related plans and strategies.
- Review and analyze internal and external market information, which reflects customer purchase, usage, and satisfaction with facility products and services. Monitor and track results of marketing and sales efforts, analyze budget variances and recommend revised action plans to achieve budgeted goals.
- Maintain knowledge of current and projected industry developments through continuous attention to marketing, catering and golf industry periodicals and participation in relevant trade organizations.
- Assure the efficient and timely submission of all required operational, financial, budgetary and related marketing and sales reports.
- Champion all marketing communication channels – Maintain and update facility website, send e-blasts to customer database, plan and execute social media campaigns and social media content development, monitor and respond to reviews as appropriate, coordinate advertising activities using third party agencies, and produce collateral for print and digital platforms
- Cross train other key staff members regarding the general sales process and important components as appropriate to facilitate the overall success of the team.
- Works with the General Manager, Director of Golf, F&B Supervisor, Banquet Chef and others to schedule/coordinate personnel requirements for private functions
- Develops detailed plans with the F&B Supervisor for each catered event in conjunction with the club’s function committee
- Serves as liaison between customer and staff members on the club’s function team.
- Assists with on-going sales efforts for group and local function business
- Assists in the preparation of the marketing plan and annual budget to increase the profitability of the banquet operation; monitors performance against budgets; recommends corrective actions as necessary to help assure that budget goals are met
- Assures proper inventory of all banquet service equipment and supplies to meet required needs
- Acts as Coordinator at special, private functions and may greet and seat guests as necessary
- Handles guest complaints.
- Hires, trains, supervises and evaluates banquet service staff.
- Regularly inspects all front- and back-of-the-house service areas and equipment to assure that sanitation, safety, energy management, preventive maintenance and other standards for the department are met.
- Assures that all functions are properly staffed in accordance with the approved banquet staffing schedule.
- Assures the neatness, cleanliness and safety of all banquet areas.
- Participates in scheduled staff and management meetings.
- Conducts after-event evaluations to improve quality and efficiency of banquet functions.
- Ensures that all appropriate charges are billed correctly to each event and forwarded to the accounting department for billing.
- Oversee and assist in planning professional development and training activities for staff.
- Performs other tasks as requested.
- College degree required.
- Demonstrated experience in website and email database management, social media management, inbound and outbound sales efforts, CRM platforms, design platforms such as Canva, and leads tracking.
- Demonstrated experience and capability in the areas of fiscal management, strategic planning, marketing, sales, public relations and community relations.
- Demonstrated quality written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills.
- Ability to analyze and solve problems; efficiently handle multiple duties under pressure with minimal supervision; work flexible hours as required including nights/weekends.
- Positive attitude, professional manner and appearance in all situations.
Full-time, Non-Seasonal, Salaried, Exempt
KemperSports Management is an Equal Opportunity Employer