The Glen Club
Located in the north side Chicago suburb of Glenview, The Glen Club is a world-class semi-private golf facility. The facility includes a Tom Fazio designed championship golf course and a 50,000 square ft. clubhouse that houses a golf shop, locker rooms, a full-service restaurant, spacious banquet facilities, overnight guest accommodations, the Illinois Golf Hall of Fame, and is the home of the Illinois Section of the PGA.
Work with the Executive Chef and Executive Sous Chef in supervising food production for all food outlets, banquet events and other functions at the Club. Supervise food preparation personnel, manage COGS and monthly inventory, food ordering, assist with food production as needed, menu development and assure that quality and cost standards are consistently attained.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Directly supervises the daily preparation of soups, sauces and “specials”.
- Works with the Chef Team on inventories, pricing, cost controls, requisitioning and issuing for food production.
- Manages employment activities for kitchen staff members, including but not limited to:
- Planning the work, developing work schedules, and apportioning the work
- Directing and monitoring work activities and evaluating performance
- Handling complaints and administering discipline
- Ensuring sanitation and safety programs are closely followed.
- Establishes controls and monitors kitchen activities to minimize food and supply waste and theft.
- Assists the Chefs with menu planning and related production activities. Consistently maintains standards of quality, cost, eye appeal and flavor of prepared foods.
- Ensures proper staffing for maximum productivity and high standards of quality; controls food and payroll costs to achieve maximum profitability.
- Monitors the condition of equipment and makes recommendations for maintenance, repair and upkeep of the kitchen, its equipment and other areas of the club.
- Prepares reports, costs menus, makes schedules and performs administrative duties as assigned by the Chefs
- Perform other duties as appropriate.
- College degree preferred or culinary certificate.
- 2 years culinary experience, supervisory and/or management experience, preferably in the golf industry.
- State certified and/or Serve Safe certified.
- Demonstrated experience and capability in the areas of staff management and food control.
- Demonstrated quality written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills.
Salaried, Exempt, Full-time, Non-Seasonal,
KemperSports is an Equal Opportunity Employer