Rock Spring Golf Club
Rock Spring Golf Club at West Orange features one of only two public golf courses in the United States designed by legendary architect Seth Raynor, whose highly-ranked work includes Fisher’s Island in New York, Shoreacres on Chicago’s North Shore and Mid Ocean Club in Bermuda. Twelve of Raynor’s courses are on GOLF Magazine’s list of the Top 100 in the U.S.
Rock Spring’s 6,600-yard par-71 course sits on a rolling, tree-lined site and features many of Raynor’s trademark design elements with truly unique and creative green complexes. Founded in 1925, Rock Spring Golf Club at West Orange has played host to the New Jersey State Open (1981, 1990, 2000 and 2009), the US Healthcare Classic, and many state PGA and USGA qualifying events.
Located just 15 miles west of Manhattan, Rock Spring Golf Club at West Orange also features a clubhouse with sweeping views of the Manhattan skyline, Cable Lake and Second Mountain.
Responsible for cleaning and general sanitary upkeep of the clubhouse and halfway house at the club.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Clean all guestrooms
- Stocks room attendant’s cart, hand caddy and storage rooms
- Strips and remakes beds with fresh linen
- Empties wastebaskets and ashtrays
- Wipes all window sills, walls and light switches
- Vacuums rooms and hallways
- Dusts all furniture and fixtures
- Checks lamps for burned out light bulbs
- Puts comment card and room service menu on desk; makes sure all phone books are in place
- Checks drapes for missing hooks
- Wipes mirrors and windows
- Checks heating/air conditioning unit for proper operation
- Changes mattress pads and blankets if needed
- Restocks all stationary
- Cleans and sanitizes bathroom including toilets, tiles, tub, shower walls and curtains, sink and fixtures
- Cleans walls, baseboards and floor
- Restocks towels, wash cloths, soap, glasses and other supplies and amenities
- Reports when guestrooms are clean and ready for sale
- Washes, dries and folds laundry
- Perform other duties as appropriate.
- High school preferred.
- 1 year applicable custodial experience
- Demonstrated quality interpersonal communication skills.
- Ability to analyze and solve problems; efficiently handle multiple duties under pressure with minimal supervision; work flexible hours as required including nights/weekends.
- Positive attitude, professional manner and appearance in all situations.
Position Physical Requirements
Must have the ability to:
- Read and write (English)
- Communicate verbally with staff members with or without the use of two-way radios.
- Give and/or follow verbal and written instructions
- Visually inspect all work areas
- Operate vehicles and equipment for several hours at a time
- Perform mathematical calculations involving fractions, decimals, and percentages
- Retrieve, read and interpret information from technical sources
- Stand, walk, push, pull, lift, grasp, bend and kneel for up to 5 hours at a time
- Lift up to 100 lbs occasionally, 50 lbs frequently, and 20 lbs constantly
Work hours may include days and evenings on weekdays and weekends. Subject to inside and outside environmental conditions. May be exposed to inclement weather, potentially dangerous chemicals, solvents, pesticides, herbicides, and fertilizers, sharp and rapid equipment movement on a daily basis. Injury may result as a result of exposure to the above if safety policies and practices are not properly followed.
General cleaning supplies, mop, vacuum cleaner, broom
Part-time, seasonal, non-exempt
KemperSports Management is an Equal Opportunity Employer