Royal Melbourne Country Club
Established in 1992, Royal Melbourne Country Club is a private, member-only club located in Long Grove, Illinois with over 400 total members. Royal Melbourne CC combines the beauty of the sport with the beauty of nature. Greg Norman’s first course design in the continental reflects his design philosophy: that a private club should offer its members a challenging yet fair round of golf. Golf amenities include a fully stocked golf shop, a choice of golf carts or caddies, a full practice facility, and lavishly appointed locker rooms. Members also enjoy a Junior Olympic size pool, four Har-Tru clay tennis courts, two Pickleball courts, and four Paddle tennis courts. The Club has a very active social scene, outstanding dining, and several private rooms for both personal and business entertainment, plus a wealth of special events including hosting banquets and 30+ weddings annually.
The Club is owned and operated by KemperSports. For more information, please visit https://www.royalmelbourne.net/
As department head, the Head Golf Professional (HGP) leads the entire golf staff including Assistant Golf Professionals, Teaching Professional, Outside Services Supervisor, and Golf Services Staff. The HGP is responsible for ensuring that members and guests receive outstanding customer service, which meets or exceeds their expectations. The HGP is instrumental in organizing and implementing Member golf events, tournaments, Monday outings, leagues, teaching clinics and other golf programs designed to improve the Club’s products and services as well as its competitive position in the marketplace.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Main areas of focus for the Head Golf Professional (HGP) will be:
- In conjunction with the Director of Instruction, the HGP will lead the coaching and learning programming for all categories of Golfers from beginner to expert.
- Collaborating with the Monday Outing Coordinator all Golf and Social activities ensure smooth operation from start to finish.
- Merchandising the 1,200 Sq Ft Golf Shop by developing a purchasing, display, and pricing program commensurate with the goals of the Club.
- Utilizing Golf Genius to manage golf events.
- Leader of the winter simulator teaching and league liaison.
- Managing the Golf Staff by implementing and applying Company operating, human resources, and safety policies and procedures pertaining to golf shop and outside service activities. Ensure procedures are followed to open, close, and secure the golf shop and storage buildings.
- Handling cash flow in the golf shop, ensuring that cash and credit card charges balance with sales receipts in accordance with operating procedures.
- Monitoring the performance of assigned staff including golf shop attendants, starters, rangers, and outside service staff to ensure customer service standards and productivity goals are achieved.
- Ensure that the golf shop, storage areas, cart shed, and grounds are maintained per Company cleanliness and appearance standards. Maintain clean, presentable, and fully stocked merchandise displays.
- Assisting in the preparing and executing operating and capital budgets. Assistance with financial forecasts and analyzing budget variances as appropriate.
- Ensuring accurate tracking of types and quantity of golf rounds played. Monitor customer preferences, usage patterns, and satisfaction with Company products and services.
- Assessing the quality of internal and/or external customer service and speed of play. Recommend plans for continued improvement.
- Interacting with members and guests in a congenial and professional manner.
- Maintaining a pleasant and professional telephone manner at all times.
- Manage the tee sheet and handle customer inquiries and/or complaints in accordance with operating policies and procedures.
- Organizing and implementing tournaments, group outings and special events.
- Ensuring efficient operation and coordination of golf shop and all golf services.
- Assist with organizing and maintaining ancillary services such as the handicapping system, membership programs and driving range facilities.
- Assure the efficient and timely submission of all required reports.
- Play golf with members and guests.
- Perform additional duties as required.
- BA / BS degree, preferred.
- Class A PGA Professional, preferred.
- 7-10 years’ experience in the golf or hospitality industry.
- Demonstrated experience and capability in the areas of retailing, marketing, and/or sales, customer service, and guest relations preferred.
- Demonstrated quality written, verbal, interpersonal communication skills.
- Ability to analyze and solve problems; efficiently handle multiple duties under pressure with minimal supervision; work flexible hours as required including nights/weekends.
- Positive attitude, professional manner, and appearance in all situations.
- Knowledge of Golf Genius Tournament Software and other computer applications.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools or controls; reach with hands and arms; climb stairs; balance; stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl; talk or hear; taste or smell. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
KemperSports Management is an Equal Opportunity Employer