About Lake of Isles
Lake of Isles is a 36-hole Rees Jones-designed golf club located in North Stonington, Connecticut. Since opening in 2005, Lake of Isles has consistently been ranked as one of the top golf facilities in the country. Owned by the Mashantucket Pequot Tribal Nation and located across the street from Foxwoods Resort Casino, the two courses wind their way through 900 acres of wooded Connecticut countryside and around a 90-acre lake. Managed by Kemper Sports, Lake of Isles offers the ultimate golf experience. In addition to superior service and impeccable course conditions, amenities include a 50,000 sq. ft. clubhouse and a state-of-the-art indoor and outdoor practice facility. Learn more here!
A day in the life
You will assist the Director of Golf with all activities relating to the management and execution of all golf operations; including but not limited to tournaments, outside staff service and operation, club repair, golf shop, practice facilities and instructional programs.
Responsibilities include, but not limited to:
- Overseeing golf operations including tournaments, rules, tee sheet activity, merchandise inventory, range operations, player service operations, cart fleet, and may assist with supervising other club operations.
- Creating a customer service-oriented atmosphere that promotes the game of golf and meets the needs of the members.
- Ensuring that associates provide a high level of customer service.
- Working closely with the Superintendent and the Food and Beverage Manager on a daily basis to ensure timely communication and to establish a good working relationship.
- Preparing work schedules and assigns associates areas of responsibility.
- Performing payroll tasks as scheduled and makes adjustments prior to submitting to payroll.
- Monitoring hours to maximize productivity and minimize overtime.
- Providing leadership and vision to golf staff, building people, and preparing them for career advancement.
- Providing golf instruction through lessons and clinics to members and guests.
- Interviewing, hiring, training, planning, assigning, and directing work, evaluating performance, rewarding, and disciplining associates; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
- Assuring that effective orientation and training are given to each new associate. Develops ongoing training programs.
- Implementing and maintaining excellent service to achieve guest satisfaction.
- Incorporating safe work practices in job performance.
- Regular and reliable attendance.
- Performs other duties as required.
Must be a team player, have a passion for customer service, and be a hands-on servant leader.
It is anticipated that the growth of this position will be rapid. A successful candidate should expect to be constantly challenged to improve within this environment and be willing to take on new opportunities as they present themselves.
- PGA or LPGA Class A credentials
- Bachelor’s Degree (preferable)
- Proficiency with computer software including word processing and spreadsheets.
What’s in it for you
- Insurance package
- PGA annual dues
- Professional education
- Club Repair
- Manufacture staff deal
KemperSports Management is an Equal Opportunity Employer