Iron Horse Golf Course
Conveniently located in the heart of North Richland Hills, Iron Horse Golf Course’s remarkable golf, array of amenities, and friendly, personalized service have earned it recognition among the finest daily fee golf properties in the DFW Metroplex. From the Dick Phelps and Jeff Brauer designed championship layout to delicious dining and spectacular event facility, every detail has been designed to exceed guests’ expectations and create lasting memories. Iron Horse reopened in September 2021 after a golf course and clubhouse renovation featuring Better Billy Bunkers, enhanced clubhouse amenities and many more upgrades. KemperSports was selected to continue elevating Iron Horse into one of the top golf and special event destinations in DFW.
Responsible for selling golf shop merchandise to customers, handling cash and credit transactions, answering phones, interacting with patrons, and providing information and handling request and complaints with a positive attitude and in a friendly, professional manner. Assists with inventory control, maintains the cleanliness of the golf shop and ensures the merchandise displays are properly stocked and organized.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Be fully knowledgeable of golf shop merchandise. Sell merchandise and/or provide suggestions to patrons as appropriate to meet their needs. Assist customers with special merchandise orders.
- Collect money or process credit cards, record sales transactions and issue receipts for all merchandise sales, greens fees, car/pull cart rental fees and club rental fees.
- Answer phones, maintain pleasant and professional telephone manner at all times. Schedule tee times and handle customer inquiries and/or complaints in accordance with operating policies and procedures. Take messages for patrons who may be on course.
- Interact with pass-holders, members and guests in a congenial and professional manner. Assist patrons with information regarding tournaments, special events, club activities, policies, etc.
- Assist in packing and/or unpacking inventory, arranging and displaying golf shop inventory. Assist with physical inventory at month end in accordance with inventory procedures.
- Ensure that the golf shop is maintained per Company cleanliness and appearance standards. Maintain clean, presentable and fully stocked merchandise displays.
- Assist with organizing and implementing tournaments, group outings and special events. Ensure efficient operation and coordination of golf shop, cart service and other services as applicable.
- Assist with organizing and maintaining ancillary services such as the handicapping system, membership programs and driving range facilities.
- Perform other duties as appropriate.
- High school preferred.
- 1 year experience in golf shop and/or customer service/retail sales environment preferred.
- Demonstrated quality written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills.
- Ability to analyze and solve problems; efficiently handle multiple duties under pressure with minimal supervision; work flexible hours as required including nights/weekends.
- Positive attitude, professional manner and appearance in all situations.
Part-time or Full-time, Non-Seasonal, Hourly, Non-Exempt
KemperSports Management is an Equal Opportunity Employer