Harborside International Golf Center
Located in Chicago, Illinois, Harborside International Golf Center, home to both the Port & Starboard Courses, has been Chicago’s home for golf since 1995. Located only minutes from Chicago’s Loop, Harborside offers the premier golf experience in the Chicagoland area. As the only facility with two of Golfweek’s “Best Courses You Can Play in Illinois” and the home to the most expansive driving range and practice facility. Additional information can be found at www.harborsidegolf.com.
Responsible for all activities related to the care and maintenance of the golf courses, grounds, and equipment. Plan and implement budgets. Hire, train and supervises staff. Apply relevant landscaping, horticultural principles to assure that quality standards are consistently achieved and/or exceeded.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Develop the annual maintenance budget and operating plan. Implement the plan according to Company operating policies and procedures to ensure cost containment.
- Plan and implement staffing schedules to ensure quality standards are achieved at minimum employee cost.
- Maintain the golf course in proper playing condition according to Company/Site standards.
- Develop and maintain drainage, irrigation, pumping and water reservoir systems.
- Supervise all planting, fertilizing and care of turf, plants, shrubs, and trees on the golf course and grounds. Develop and implement a fertilizer, aeriation, and Integrated Pest Management program for proper turf grass and plant care.
- Supervise course construction projects.
- Supervise equipment maintenance and repair operations. Establish and implement a cleaning and preventative maintenance program for appropriate equipment, tools, vehicles, etc.
- Ensure maintenance of all appropriate quality and cleanliness standards including, but not limited to, employee hygiene and uniforms, equipment repair areas, equipment storage areas, chemical and fertilizer storage areas, receiving areas, washing areas, lunch room areas, restrooms, etc.
- Implement and monitor the purchase ordering and receiving program to maintain proper inventories of supplies and ensure proper quantity and price on all purchases.
- Ensure compliance with all applicable city, state and federal laws, OSHA rules and regulations, relating to chemical and fertilizer storage and disposal, employee safety, public safety, etc.
- Manage employment activities for applicable staff members, including but not limited to, personnel recruitment and selection, performance evaluations, training, compensation, discipline and termination, etc.
- Maintain knowledge of current and projected industry developments through continuous attention to industry periodicals and participation in relevant trade associations and organizations.
- Maintain accurate records for pertaining to department activities, including, but not limited to, labor schedules, course maintenance, construction activities, equipment repair, safety meetings and activities, fertilizer and chemical applications and pest control practices.
- Assure the efficient and timely submission of all required operational, financial budgetary and related reports.
- Ensure all staff members have completed all 4 levels of KemperSports True Service Training program.
- Achieve desired company initiatives as relates to KemperSports Green To A Tee Program as well as achieving/maintaining Audubon Certification for Golf Courses
- Perform other duties as appropriate.
- High School education required, college degree preferred
- 5 years applicable functional, supervisory and/or management experience, preferably in the golf industry.
- Demonstrated experience and capability in the areas of budget development, fiscal management, strategic planning, staff management.
- Demonstrated quality written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills.
- Ability to analyze and solve problems; efficiently handle multiple duties under pressure with minimal supervision; work flexible hours as required including early morning/nights/weekends.
- Positive attitude, professional manner and appearance in all situations.
Assistant Superintendent; Equipment Manager; Pesticides Application Specialist; Irrigation Specialist; Equipment Operators; Laborers
Full-Time, Non-Seasonal, Salaried, Exempt