Where soul-stirring golf meets the spirit of the American West.
Rodeo Dunes is a public golf resort developed by Michael and Chris Keiser, owners of Sand Valley Golf Resort. Situated less than an hour’s drive from Denver and Denver International Airport, Rodeo Dunes offers a balance of both accessibility and escape.
Drawing from its Dream Golf lineage of Bandon Dunes and Sand Valley, the resort will provide a captivating outpost for golf travelers from day one. Set on over 2,000 acres of historic, towering sand dunes, Rodeo Dunes is poised to establish itself as a world-class golf destination.
Two course routings are complete – one by the acclaimed duo of Bill Coore and Ben Crenshaw, and the other marking the solo debut of longtime C&C associate, Jimmy Craig.
With a rollicking, sandy dunescape, welcoming Western hospitality, and inspiring long views of the Rocky Mountains, Rodeo Dunes is set to come out of the gate as one of the world’s great new golf experiences.
As the Head Golf Course Superintendent at Rodeo Dunes, you will spearhead all agronomic operations at our esteemed resort. Your leadership will be pivotal as we transition from the construction phase to the opening of our premier golf course, Course #1. You will oversee the critical grow-in phase, gearing up for an anticipated preview play in Summer 2025 and culminating in a grand opening in Spring 2026.
Your role extends beyond the initial course to subsequent ones, where you will manage all facets of agronomic planning, budgeting, and maintenance. Your expertise will be instrumental in ensuring the highest quality playing conditions, maintaining the exceptional standards of Rodeo Dunes. As the lead of the agronomy team, your contribution will be key in showcasing our facility as a top-tier golfing destination.
- Oversee the care and maintenance of the golf course, clubhouse grounds, and equipment, from construction to opening.
- Recruit, train, and manage staff, ensuring high standards of performance.
- Develop and implement the annual maintenance budget and operating plan, adhering to company policies for quality and efficiency.
- Maintain and enhance playing conditions to meet company standards.
- Manage planting, fertilization, turf and plant care, including an Integrated Pest Management program.
- Oversee and maintain irrigation, drainage, and water systems.
- Supervise equipment maintenance, implementing a preventative maintenance and cleanliness program.
- Uphold quality and cleanliness standards in all maintenance areas.
- Manage purchasing and inventory control for supplies, ensuring cost-effectiveness.
- Ensure compliance with legal and safety regulations.
- Handle employment activities, including recruitment, training, evaluation, and discipline.
- Stay updated with industry developments and participate in relevant associations.
- Maintain accurate operational records and submit timely reports.
- A minimum 4-year Bachelor of Science degree in Agronomy.
- At least 5 years of supervisory/management experience in golf course maintenance.
- Minimum 5-year membership in good standing with the Golf Course Superintendents Association of America.
- GCSAA certification is desirable.
- Valid license for golf course chemical application.
- Proven ability in maintaining superior playing conditions.
- Demonstrated skills in budget management, strategic planning, and staff leadership.
- Excellent communication skills, problem-solving abilities, and adaptability to flexible work schedules.
Pay Transparency Statement:
We believe in fair and transparent pay practices. As part of our commitment to equity and clarity, we are disclosing the salary range for this position:
- Salary Range: $100,000 – $125,000 per annum
This range represents the anticipated low and high end of the salary for this position. Actual salaries will vary and may be above or below the range based on various factors including but not limited to experience, education, skills, and performance. In addition to a competitive salary, we offer a comprehensive benefits package which includes health insurance, retirement plan, and paid time off.
We are an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. All employment decisions at are based on business needs, job requirements, and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex, age, physical, mental or sensory disability, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate.