About The Yacht Club at Chandlers Landing
Located just 20 miles East of Dallas, The Yacht Club at Chandlers Landing is a legendary lake paradise reborn. Owned by the Chandlers Landing Community Association, The Yacht Club represents the communities home away from home for their recreation, dining, and social gatherings. Positioned on Lake Ray Hubbard, the facility boasts captivating views of the lake and marina. KemperSports has been in integral part of working with the CLCA board to guide a total facility renovation that has established The Yacht Club as one of the top lakeside wedding and special event venues in the DFW area as well as the social hub for the community.Visit the facility website for more information.
This position requires a person with strong verbal and non-verbal communications to be the main contact between KemperSports and the Chandlers Landing Community Association Board of Directors.
- College degree or acceptable professional organization certification preferred.
- 5 years applicable functional, supervisory and/or management experience in the Food and Beverage industry (within the Hotel industry preferred).
- Demonstrated experience and capability in the areas of budget development, fiscal management, strategic planning, staff management.
- Prior experience in client relations (HOA, BOD, etc.) preferred.
- Demonstrated quality written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills.
- Ability to analyze and solve problems; efficiently handle multiple duties under pressure with minimal supervision; work flexible hours as required including most holidays, nights and weekends.
- Positive attitude, professional manner, and appearance in all situations.
A day in the life
As the General Manager, you will be responsible for all general administration and food and beverage operations for the club, supervising all food and beverage staff including restaurant service, culinary staff, banquet service and patio/lounge as well as Sales and Marketing Manager.
Other responsibilities include, but not limited to:
- Direct, coordinate and monitor the development of the Club’s annual business plan, marketing plan and operating budget.
- Plan and implement staffing schedules to ensure customer service standards are achieved with minimum employee cost
- Process and coordinate bi-weekly payroll with Home Office payroll staff.
- Process and coordinate weekly Invoice Batches with Home office and maintain current standing with all vendors
- Ensure maintenance of all appropriate sanitation standards.
- Implement and monitor the purchase ordering and receiving program to maintain par-stock levels on food and beverage inventories and ensure proper quantity and price on all purchases.
- Monitor internal cost controls for the entire facility/operation. Ensure quality levels of food and beverage products and maintain standards in, food production, food presentation, all services, facility presentation, guest satisfaction and customer loyalty.
- Communicate with Tennis Association, Aquatics Director (who separate operating amenities of The Yacht Club) and community social committees to plan and organize complimentary F&B service for their events.
- Lead and assist Sales and Marketing Manager in the development and implementation of a sales and marketing plan to generate leads and sales for food and beverage services to potential banquet clients/residents.
- Ensure operations comply with all state and federal laws, rules and regulations, relating to food and beverage sanitation, alcohol and tobacco and ADA requirements.
- Manage employment activities for applicable staff members, such as personnel recruitment and selection, performance evaluations, training, compensation, discipline and termination, etc.
- Maintain knowledge of current and projected industry developments through continuous attention to industry periodicals and participation in relevant trade associations and organizations.
- Process all club invoices for payment in timely manner and work with Home Office accountant on the monthly financial closing and review of statements.
- Assure the efficient and timely submission of all required operational, financial, budgetary and related reports.
Apply now to learn more about this opportunity!
KemperSports Management is an Equal Opportunity Employer