Deerpath Golf Course is an 18-hole facility located in the City of Lake Forest. The golf course is a par 70, 18-hole championship course that is considered one of the best municipal courses in the north shore area of Chicago. Deerpath has a junior golf program with revenues that exceed half a million dollars per year. Several improvements have been added to the facility in recent years including a 30,000 SF outdoor putting complex, 100-person banquet patio, 60 new lithium golf carts, a comfort station, continuous cart paths and additional on course drainage.
For more information about Deerpath Golf Course please visit www.deerpathgolf.com.
Manage and direct overall operational and fiscal performance of the facility in compliance with Kemper Sports’ policies and procedures. The ideal candidate will manage all aspects of Club operations including the relationships between management and the City of Lake Forest, members, guests, employees and community. Develop and implement operational, marketing and business plans and strategies. Establish and administer service and operational standards as well as quality performance guidelines for all operating functions and staff. Ensure execution of business plan and membership recruitment and retention strategies.
- Oversee and direct all key department operations to include Agronomy, Golf Operations, Food and Beverage, Membership Sales, and Marketing.
- This position will require a person with strong verbal and non-verbal communication and will be the main contact between Kemper Sports and the Client.
- Monitor and evaluate financial performance relative to budget goals and objectives as indicated in the annual budgeting process as well as analysis of key performance indicators.
- Ability to proactively generate systematic action plans and hold applicable staff members accountable for the proper execution of improvement strategies.
- Direct, coordinate and monitor the development of the Club’s annual business plan, marketing plan and operating budget.
- Develop and communicate recommendations for a capital improvement strategy, along with an ROI analysis, which will enhance the member experience.
- Ensure the quality of the member service activities in all departments. Formulate general plans and oversee their implementation towards achieving member service excellence.
- Ensure the club’s assets, including facilities and equipment, are properly maintained and secured.
- Ensure quality customer service in all departments through implementation and training of TrueService.
- Provide inspirational leadership, direction, supervision, and guidance to all staff members in accordance with Kemper Sports’ culture and mission statement to provide positive employee morale and performance standards.
- Work closely with the operational support staff provided at Kemper Sports and make sure that key department heads are involved as well.
- Ad hoc projects as assigned.
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience as General Manager and/or Director of Golf at premium daily fee golf course preferred
- PGA Member strongly preferred
- College degree preferred
- Demonstrated experience and capability in the areas of budget development, fiscal management, strategic planning, staff management, restaurant/banquet management, golf operations, human resources support and golf course agronomy oversite.
- Demonstrated quality written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills.
- Ability to analyze and solve problems; efficiently handle multiple duties under pressure with minimal supervision; work flexible hours as required including nights, weekends and holidays.
- Positive attitude, professional manner and appearance in all situations.
KemperSports is an Equal Opportunity Employer