General Manager – Country Club of Winter Haven
About Country Club of Winter Haven
Founded in 1923, Country Club of Winter Haven has a long and rich history in Florida private club golf. With thousands of feet of beautiful lakefront on Lake Hamilton, the club is situated on some of the most pristine property in Central Florida. Club amenities include 18-hole Rees Jones/Bill Bergin, newly renovated golf course, 7-court tennis facility, full-service clubhouse including banquet space, ceremony terrace, fitness, boat ramp and dock.
A day in the life
You will manage and direct the overall operational and fiscal performance of the facility in compliance and in accord with Company policies and procedures. You will also develop and implement fiscal, operational, and business development plans and strategies while establishing and administering operational standards and quality performance guidelines for all system operating functions and staff.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Directing, coordinate and monitoring the development the facility’s annual business plan and operating/capital budgets. Make necessary adjustments and approve the final version for submission to Board of Directors.
- Monitoring and evaluating financial performance relative to budget goals and objectives.
- Analyzing and evaluating operations to determine productivity efficiencies vs. budgeted standards.
- Reviewing and approving financial expenditures and transactions relative to operations, services, and facilities/equipment within and according to established guidelines and procedures.
- Managing the proper communication of system activities to help ensure coordination of activities between departments.
- Providing appropriate leadership in accord with Company culture and mission statement to promote positive employee morale and performance quality.
- Providing direction, supervision, and guidance to subordinate management staff to assist with their skill development and help ensure the successful development and implementation of appropriate departmental operating and safety plans, goals, and policies & procedures.
- Overseeing and managing employment activities, including but not limited to, personnel recruitment and selection, performance evaluations, training, compensation, discipline and termination, etc. to ensure compliance with Company human resources policies and procedures.
- Assessing the quality of member service activities in all departments. Formulate general plans and oversee their implementation towards achieving increased customer service excellence.
- Developing and maintaining positive relationships with clients, municipal officials, and community organizations.
- Maintaining knowledge of current and projected industry developments through continuous attention to golf industry periodicals and participation in relevant trade associations and organizations.
- Assuring the efficient and timely submission of all required operational, financial, budgetary and related reports.
- College degree preferred.
- 5 years applicable functional, supervisory and/or management experience, preferably in the golf industry.
- Demonstrated experience and capability in the areas of budget development, fiscal management, strategic planning, staff management.
- Demonstrated quality written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills.
- Ability to analyze and solve problems; efficiently handle multiple duties under pressure with minimal supervision; work flexible hours as required including nights/weekends.
- Positive attitude, professional manner and appearance in all situations.
KemperSports Management is an Equal Opportunity Employer