KemperSports Management - Multi-Site
Located in Columbus, Ohio this portfolio of six golf courses represents some of the best public golf experiences in the Ohio Valley. Golf Club of Dublin, Glenross Golf Club, Bent Tree Golf Club, Royal American Links, New Albany, and Clover Valley Golf Club each have their own unique identities, while attracting the lion’s share of daily fee rounds in the greater Columbus metropolitan area. Each of the courses participates in a robust annual pass program, tailored for the playing habits of their respective golf patrons. Several of the clubhouses are well suited to grow their a la carte and catering operations, while a new driving range is being constructed at New Albany.
The portfolio General Manager (GM) be a strong leader and team builder who has excellent business judgment and critical thinking skills with the aptitude and ability to drive several successful golf focused public course operations at a very high level of service and performance. This is a role for a strong service-orientated operator and visionary, who will focus on driving a sustainable guest service experience, foster innovation, while simultaneously inspiring, coaching, and building high-performing teams. The GM will have a collaborative style across all teams, both internally and externally, including working closely with the KemperSports management team and other community stakeholders. Through integrity, transparency, and positive morale his/her team will excel in creating a motivating and rewarding culture. This person is a ‘builder and a grower’ of people, process, and property amenities.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Direct, coordinate and monitor the development the portfolio’s annual business plans and operating/capital budgets. Make necessary adjustments and approve the final version for submission to senior management.
- Monitor and evaluate financial performance relative to budget goals and objectives. Analyze budget variances, develop, and implement action plans to achieve appropriate adjustments.
- Analyze and evaluate operations to determine productivity efficiencies vs. budgeted standards. Develop and initiate action plans to achieve appropriate adjustments.
- Review and approve financial expenditures and transactions relative to operations, services, and facilities/equipment within and according to established guidelines and procedures.
- Manage the proper communication of system activities to help ensure coordination of activities between departments. Communicate clearly, tactfully, and persuasively with employees and customers as applicable. Interface directly with department management when appropriate.
- Provide appropriate leadership in accord with Company culture and mission statement to promote positive employee morale and performance quality.
- Provide direction, supervision, and guidance to subordinate management staff to assist with their skill development and help ensure the successful development and implementation of appropriate departmental operating and safety plans, goals, and policies & procedures.
- Oversee and manage employment activities, including but not limited to, personnel recruitment and selection, performance evaluations, training, compensation, discipline and termination, etc. to ensure compliance with Company human resources policies and procedures.
- Assess the quality of customer service activities in all departments. Formulate general plans and oversee their implementation towards achieving increased customer service excellence.
- Develop and maintain positive relationships with clients, municipal officials, and community organizations.
- Maintain knowledge of current and projected industry developments through continuous attention to golf and hospitality industry periodicals and participation in relevant trade associations and organizations.
- Assure the efficient and timely submission of all required operational, financial, budgetary and related reports.
- Assist with the recruitment, hiring, supervision, and evaluation of food and beverage and golf operations employees, creating an environment for success.
- Conduct orientation and training program for all restaurant, banquet, and golf course staffers.
- Assist in implementing all company initiatives including TrueService, Green to a Tee, and Safety National.
- Assist the F&B Director with organization and execution of the annual sales plan, pricing, and billing of outings and special events and in-house tournaments and events.
- Demonstrate continuous effort to improve operations, decrease turnaround time, streamline work processes, and work cooperatively and jointly to provide quality customer service.
- Hire, train, schedule and manage all employees in a positive, uplifting and gracious manor always leading by example.
- Own all systems and checklists to ensure compliance of organizational, cleanliness and sanitation standards.
- Perform other duties as appropriate.
- College degree preferred.
- 5 years applicable functional, supervisory and/or management experience in the Hospitality/Golf Operations industry required.
- Multi Course Operations Experience highly preferred
- Demonstrated experience and capability in the areas of budget development, fiscal management, strategic planning, staff management.
- Demonstrated quality written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills.
- Ability to analyze and solve problems; efficiently handle multiple duties under pressure with minimal supervision; work flexible hours as required including nights/weekends.
- Positive attitude, professional manner and appearance in all situations.
- Food and beverage sanitation certification preferred
- Strong knowledge of excel and possess strong math skills
- Skilled in F&B POS software
- Experience in leading and training staff
Full-Time, Non-Seasonal, Salary, Benefits, Exempt
* Qualified candidates please include a cover letter expressing your interest along with your resume.
KemperSports Management is an Equal Opportunity Employer