Owned by Pierce County, Chambers Bay is Washington State’s golf masterpiece, offering authentic links golf with panoramic views of the Puget Sound and Olympic Mountains. As site of the 2010 U.S. Amateur and 2015 U.S. Open Championships, Chambers Bay was designed to challenge the greatest players in the world. Yet it is a course that anyone can play. Inspired by the open landscape and spectacular location, renowned architect Robert Trent Jones II remained true to links tradition by creating this unique and breathtaking waterfront course which provides a timeless golf experience. www.chambersbaygolf.com
Manage and direct overall operational and fiscal performance of the property in compliance with Company policies and procedures. Develop and implement service, fiscal, operational, marketing and business development plans and strategies. Establish and administer service and operational standards and quality performance guidelines for all operating functions and staff. The GM will lead the team to ensure consistent focus on priorities, goals and objectives that have been mutually established and reviewed in conjunction with the client and KemperSports. The GM will oversee the execution of all necessary and relevant enhancements to procedures and operational strategies and is expected to be the “face” of the facility, both internally and externally to the local community and our client, ensuring that the operations of the facility are maintained and enhanced.
In addition to the responsibilities at Chambers Bay, this position also requires oversight and leadership supporting the General Manager at Lake Spanaway Golf Course, another managed property in Pierce County, Washington.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Oversee and direct all key functional support leaders, including: Superintendent, Head Golf Professional, Director of Sales and Marketing, Director of Food & Beverage, Property Controller/HR and the applicable support staff.
- Requires strong verbal and non-verbal communications and will be the main contact with Pierce County client representatives. Must work cohesively with client leadership.
- Ability to develop and execute a successful marketing plan which significantly enhances all major revenue generating opportunities as well as incremental revenue potential.
- Monitor and evaluate financial performance relative to budget goals and objectives as indicated in the annual budgeting process as well as analysis of key performance indicators.
- Coordinate accounting operations with KemperSports home office, including the necessary financial reporting, operational expenses and payroll records.
- Direct, coordinate and monitor the development of the property’s annual business plan, marketing plan and operating budget.
- Develop and communicate recommendations for a capital improvement strategy, along with ROI analysis, which will enhance the guest experience and generate additional revenue opportunities.
- Analyze and evaluate operations to determine productivity efficiencies vs. budgeted standards.
- Review and approve financial expenditures and transactions relative to operations, services, and facilities/equipment within and according to established guidelines and procedures.
- Provide inspirational leadership, direction, supervision, and guidance to all staff members in accord with KemperSports’ culture and mission statement.
- Ability to proactively generate systematic action plans and hold applicable staff members accountable for the proper execution of improvement strategies.
- Insure the quality of guest service activities in all departments. Formulate general plans and oversee their implementation towards achieving guest service excellence at a destination resort.
- College degree preferred.
- 5-7 years applicable management experience with an emphasis in resorts or high end daily fee club operations highly desirable.
- Demonstrated and proven experience in budget development, fiscal management, strategic planning, revenue generation, staff management and customer service.
- Experienced in creating successful programming which is designed to maximize the guest experience as well as existing and potential revenue opportunities.
- Demonstrated written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills.
- Ability to analyze and solve problems; efficiently handle multiple duties under pressure with minimal supervision; work flexible hours as required including evenings/weekends.
- Positive attitude, professional manner and appearance in all situations.
Full-time, year-round, exempt
KemperSports Management is an Equal Opportunity Employer