About Broadmoor Golf Links
Located in the greater Asheville area in Fletcher, North Carolina. Scenery from the Blue Ridge Mountains and the French Broad River Valley create a beautiful backdrop for your golf experience. Broadmoor golf course designed by noted golf course architect Karl Litten. Broadmoor Golf Links is also designed to be enjoyed in 4 hours, whether you like to ride or walk. With tees measuring from 5600 to over 7000 yards, Broadmoor appeals to every level of golfer. Our clubhouse features spacious accommodations to enjoy after a day on the links. Our site is also the perfect locale for weddings, company outings, business meetings or birthday parties. For more information click here!
A day in the life
As the General Manager you will manage and direct the overall operational and fiscal performance of the facility in compliance and in accord with Company policies and procedures. You will also develop and implement fiscal, operational, and business development plans and strategies, establish and administer operational standards and quality performance guidelines for all system operating functions and staff.
Responsibilities include, but not limited to:
- Direct, coordinate and monitor the development the facility’s annual business plan and operating/capital budgets. Make necessary adjustments and approve the final version for submission to senior management.
- Monitor and evaluate financial performance relative to budget goals and objectives. Analyze budget variances, develop and implement action plans to achieve appropriate adjustments.
- Analyze and evaluate operations to determine productivity efficiencies vs. budgeted standards. Develop and initiate action plans to achieve appropriate adjustments.
- Review and approve financial expenditures and transactions relative to operations, services, and facilities/equipment within and according to established guidelines and procedures.
- Manage the proper communication of system activities to help ensure coordination of activities between departments. Communicate clearly, tactfully, and persuasively with employees and customers as applicable. Interface directly with department management when appropriate.
- Provide appropriate leadership in accord with Company culture and mission statement to promote positive employee morale and performance quality.
- Provide direction, supervision, and guidance to subordinate management staff to assist with their skill development and help ensure the successful development and implementation of appropriate departmental operating and safety plans, goals, and policies & procedures.
- Oversee and manage employment activities, including but not limited to, personnel recruitment and selection, performance evaluations, training, compensation, discipline and termination, etc. to ensure compliance with Company human resources policies and procedures.
- Assess the quality of customer service activities in all departments. Formulate general plans and oversee their implementation towards achieving increased customer service excellence.
- Develop and maintain positive relationships with clients, municipal officials, and community organizations.
- Maintain knowledge of current and projected industry developments through continuous attention to golf industry periodicals and participation in relevant trade associations and organizations.
- Assure the efficient and timely submission of all required operational, financial, budgetary and related reports.
- College degree (preferred)
- 5 years applicable functional, supervisory and/or management experience, preferably in the golf or hospitality industry.
- Demonstrates experience and capability in the areas of budget development, fiscal management, strategic planning, staff management.
- Demonstrates quality written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills.
- Ability to analyze and solve problems; efficiently handle multiple duties under pressure with minimal supervision; work flexible hours as required including nights/weekends.
- Positive attitude, professional manner and appearance in all situations.KemperSports Management is an Equal Opportunity Employer