General Manager – Cedar Point Club
About Cedar Point Club
The crown jewel of Cedar Point Club is the 18-hole championship golf course, renovated in 2004. The course is immaculately maintained with greens that are fast and true. Well-groomed bunkers and attractive landscaping reflect the conscientiousness of the caretakers. The golf course is challenging and presents plenty of temptations to the more polished golfer.
A day in the life
You will be responsible for managing and directing the overall operational and fiscal performance of the facility in compliance and in accord with Company policies and procedures along with developing and implementing fiscal, operational, and business development plans and strategies.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Direct, coordinate and monitor the development the facility’s annual business plan and operating/capital budgets.
- Monitor and evaluate financial performance relative to budget goals and objectives.
- Analyze and evaluate operations to determine productivity efficiencies vs. budgeted standards.
- Review and approve financial expenditures and transactions relative to operations, services, and facilities/equipment within and according to established guidelines and procedures.
- Manage the proper communication of system activities to help ensure coordination of activities between departments.
- Provide appropriate leadership in accord with Company culture and mission statement to promote positive employee morale and performance quality.
- Provide direction, supervision, and guidance to subordinate management staff to assist with their skill development and help ensure the successful development and implementation of appropriate departmental operating and safety plans, goals, and policies & procedures.
- Oversee and manage employment activities
- Assess the quality of customer service activities in all departments.
- Develop and maintain positive relationships with clients, municipal officials, and community organizations.
- Maintain knowledge of current and projected industry developments.
- Assure the efficient and timely submission of all required operational, financial, budgetary and related reports.
We are looking for someone with 5 years of applicable functional, supervisory and/or management experience, preferably in the golf industry.
- College degree with accounting and/or finance emphasis preferred.
- Demonstrated experience and capability in the areas of budget development, fiscal management, strategic planning, staff management.
- Demonstrated quality written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills.
- Ability to analyze and solve problems; efficiently handle multiple duties under pressure with minimal supervision; work flexible hours as required including nights/weekends.
- Positive attitude, professional manner and appearance in all situations.
KemperSports Management is an Equal Opportunity Employer