Thornberry Creek at Oneida
Thornberry Creek at Oneida is in Oneida, WI. Nestled atop one of the highest peaks in Brown County and located just outside of Green Bay, Thornberry Creek at Oneida offers 27 holes of championship golf at its finest. An abundance of vistas and amenities will excite golfers and guests of all ages and abilities.
The two golf courses – both designed by Rick Jacobson – feature bent grass tees, fairways, and greens, and the varied landscape gives golfers a unique experience from hole to hole, from a forested “Northwoods” type setting at the start and finish of the Legends Course, to the prairie or meadow type environment in the middle holes as you play your way through one of Green Bay’s most prestigious neighborhoods.
Other amenities of the facility include a spacious and comfortable Sports Pub & Grill, meeting rooms, and several banquet facilities including The Hawks Crest ballroom that can be configured in multiple layouts, from an intimate space for groups under 50 to an extravagant ballroom for up to 300 guests. The adjoining Cupola Room features incredible views of the surrounding area and serves as a great space for a ceremony. Learn more here!
Manage and direct overall operational and fiscal performance of the facility in compliance with Kemper Sports’ policies and procedures. The ideal candidate will manage all aspects of Club operations including the relationships between management and the Board, members, guests, employees and community. Develop and implement operational, marketing and business plans and strategies. Establish and administer service and operational standards as well as quality performance guidelines for all operating functions and staff. Ensure execution of business plan and membership recruitment and retention strategies.
- Oversee and direct all key department operations to include Agronomy, Golf Operations, Food and Beverage, Membership Sales and Marketing.
- This position will require a person with strong verbal and non-verbal communication and will be the main contact between Kemper Sports and the Club’s ownership group.
- Monitor and evaluate financial performance relative to budget goals and objectives as indicated in the annual budgeting process as well as analysis of key performance indicators.
- Ability to proactively generate systematic action plans and hold applicable staff members accountable for the proper execution of improvement strategies.
- Direct, coordinate and monitor the development of the Club’s annual business plan, marketing plan and operating budget.
- Develop and communicate recommendations for a capital improvement strategy, along with an ROI analysis, which will enhance the member experience.
- Ensure the quality of the member service activities in all departments. Formulate general plans and oversee their implementation towards achieving member service excellence.
- Ensure the club’s assets, including facilities and equipment, are properly maintained and secured.
- Ensure quality customer service in all departments through implementation and training of TrueService.
- Provide inspirational leadership, direction, supervision, and guidance to all staff members in accordance with Kemper Sports’ culture and mission statement to provide positive employee morale and performance standards.
- Work closely with the operational support staff provided at Kemper Sports and make sure that key department heads are involved as well.
- College degree preferred.
- 3+ years General Management experience with emphasis in premium public or resort facilities.
- Demonstrated and proven experience in the areas of golf operations and food and beverage.
- Demonstrated and proven experience in budget development, fiscal management, strategic planning and staff management.
- Experience in creating successful private club programming designed to maximize the member experience.
- Demonstrate excellent written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills.
- Ability to analyze and solve challenges, efficiently handle multiple duties under pressure situations and work flexible hours as required including evenings/weekends.
- Positive attitude, professional manner and appearance in all situations.
Full-time, exempt, non-seasonal
KemperSports is an Equal Opportunity Employer