This position is responsible for managing hotel revenue, supervise all hotel front desk and housekeeping staff.
Develop and implement policies and procedures to ensure member and guest satisfaction and the proper completion of all front desk tasks.
Learn more about the property here Spokane Club Home – Spokane Club
This is a high visibility position that interacts daily with members, guests, employees, vendors, and various representatives from the community. Part of your job performance requires that you maintain a positive attitude and make a real commitment to competence, job knowledge, pride, professional appearance, courtesy, initiative, and excellence in customer service. You are expected to address issues with an attitude of cooperation and to resolve problems professionally.
- Actively runs revenue management systems, including daily monitoring of room inventory control, online travel agents, and bookings.
- Collects information required for daily and other revenue records; analyzes and makes decisions regarding this information.
- Manages within allotted budget restraints, takes corrective action to help assure that budget goals are attained.
- Recruit, hire, train, schedule and supervise all hotel front desk attendants & Housekeepers
- Works with front desk staff to manage all hotel/room reservations, cancellations, no-shows, and billings.
- Develops, documents, and implements all standard operating procedures, ensures all staff are trained on SOPs and communicates changes.
- Verifies that all work is being completed as per club standards by personal inspection, follow up, training, and seeking feedback.
- Schedules staff to ensure proper coverage in all areas. Coordinates with staff to cover for vacations and leaves.
- Conducts monthly inventory of hotel supplies and orders to maintain adequate inventory levels. Maintains vendor contacts for all hotel supplies.
- Maintains effective relationships and communications with all other departments.
- Monitors security control procedures.
- Resolves guest problems quickly, efficiently, and courteously.
- Updates group reservation information; maintains, monitors, and prepares group requirements; relays information to all concerned.
- Coordinates communication between shifts to ensure smooth transition and items of concern are addressed. Ensures that staff is well communicated with and have necessary information to care for members/guests.
- Attains proficiency in all necessary software.
- Attends weekly staff and other meetings.
- Works two admin shifts while supervising staff and covers other shifts as needed.
- Plans ahead to address upcoming needs and ensures department follow through.
- Other duties as assigned.
This is a supervisory position for a 24-hour facility. Must be able to work flexible hours and be on call in case of an emergency.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to:
- Stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools or controls. reach with hands and arms; climb stairs; balance; stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl; talk or hear; or smell. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds of unbalanced weight such as luggage handling. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
This description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this position. The actual duties, responsibilities, and qualifications may vary based on assignment or group. This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties performed by the Hotel Front Desk Manager. They are required to follow any other instructions and to perform other duties as required by the General Manager.
KemperSports Management is an Equal Opportunity Employer