Website The Glen Club
Located in the north side Chicago suburb of Glenview, The Glen Club is a world-class daily fee golf club with corporate memberships. The facility includes a Tom Fazio-designed golf course and a 50,000 sq. ft. clubhouse that houses a golf shop, locker rooms, a full-service restaurant, spacious banquet facilities, 21 overnight guest accommodations, the Illinois Golf Hall of Fame, Korn Ferry Golf Tour event and is the home of the Illinois Section of the PGA.
Provides friendly and hospitable service for hotel guests including taking reservations, conducting check-in and check-out procedures, greeting and interacting with guests, and providing information and/or assistance as needed regarding pertinent hotel policies, facility amenities, and the surrounding local sights.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Take golf, restaurant, and hotel reservations over the phone and/or in person. Provide guests with all pertinent information regarding hotel policies (cancellation, dress code, etc.)
- Perform appropriate check-in procedures for hotel guests including entering credit card numbers into the computer for charging purposes, ensure all hotel guests sign a registration slip, and making keys for guest rooms.
- Provide friendly, positive, upbeat and hospitable service at all times. Provide information to inquiring guests about hotel amenities and local surroundings. Publicly support all hotel policies.
- Perform appropriate check-out procedures including correctly billing out accrued charges and presenting guests with accurate guest folios.
- Communicate with the next shift both verbally and through pass-on log, information that is necessary for other shifts to function smoothly (e.g., special requests or arrangements a guest has made or a specific billing arrangement for a group).
- Communicate all guest relation problems, disputed billing situations, and all other unusual situations that need management’s attention to the MOD.
- Promote hotel amenities (restaurant and bar) to guests to maximize hotel revenue.
- Perform additional tasks as assigned by management.
- High school preferred.
- No experience necessary
- Demonstrated quality interpersonal communication skills.
- Ability to efficiently handle multiple duties under pressure with minimal supervision; work flexible hours as required including evenings/weekends.
- Positive attitude, professional manner and appearance in all situations.
Must have the ability to:
- Read and write (English)
- Communicate verbally with staff members and/or customers with or without the use of two-way radios.
- Give and/or follow verbal and written instructions
- Visually inspect all work areas
- Stand, walk, push, pull, lift, grasp, bend and kneel for up to 5 hours at a time
- Lift up to 20 lbs occasionally, 10 lbs frequently, and 5 lbs constantly
Part-Time, Hourly, Non-exempt
KemperSports Management is an Equal Opportunity Employer