Cedar Point Club
Property Description: The crown jewel of the club is the 18-hole championship golf course, renovated in 2004. The course is immaculately maintained with greens that are fast and true. Well-groomed bunkers and attractive landscaping reflect the conscientiousness of the caretakers. The golf course is challenging and presents plenty of temptations to the more polished golfer.
A first class 9-hole par 3 course presents some of the most spectacular vistas in the entire Tidewater area. Other diversions at the club include a driving range, putting and chipping greens, swimming pool (seasonal), croquet court, and a complete tennis center with both indoor and outdoor courts. Both the golfing and tennis centers are staffed with certified professionals and include well stocked pro shops.
Responsible for all food and beverage service for the club. Directly supervises all food and beverage staff including service staff, banquet staff, bartenders, and beverage cart staff. Assists with planning and implementation of budgets. Executes weekly supplies orders, and monthly beverage inventories for each outlet. Hires, trains and supervises subordinates. Applies relevant marketing principles to assure that the wants and needs of guests are consistently exceeded.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Participate in the development of the annual food and beverage budget and operating plan. Implement the plan according to Company operating policies and procedures to ensure profit goals are achieved as outlined.
- Plan and implement staffing schedules to ensure customer service standards are achieved with minimum employee cost. Monitor activities to ensure compliance with Company payroll policies and procedures.
- Conduct daily pre-shift meetings with all staff to review relevant information for each shift.
- Conduct ongoing training for all staff including specials, customer service standards, and food and beverage product knowledge.
- Ensure maintenance of all appropriate sanitation standards including, but not limited to, employee hygiene and uniforms, kitchen food service equipment and preparation areas, food storage areas, receiving areas, washing areas, dining areas, patio, snack bar areas, bar areas, restrooms, and beverage carts.
- Establish and implement a cleaning and preventative maintenance program for appropriate fixtures, equipment, appliances, vehicles, etc.
- Implement and monitor the purchase ordering and receiving program to maintain par-stock levels on food and beverage inventories and ensure proper quantity and price on all purchases.
- Monitor internal cost controls for the department. Ensure quality levels of food and beverage products and maintain standards in production, presentation, services, facilities, and guest satisfaction.
- Sell food and beverage services to potential outing clients/members, show facilities and assist in planning as needed. Develop promotional programs to improve dollars per round.
- Ensure compliance with operating guidelines related to the R.A.M. or Tips programs. Ensure operations comply with all state and federal laws, rules and regulations, relating to food and beverage sanitation, alcohol and tobacco, and ADA requirements.
- Manage employment activities for applicable staff members, including but not limited to, personnel recruitment and selection, performance evaluations, training, compensation, discipline and termination, etc.
- Maintain knowledge of current and projected industry developments through continuous attention to industry periodicals and participation in relevant trade associations and organizations.
- Assure the efficient and timely submission of all required operational, financial, budgetary and related reports.
- Perform other duties as appropriate.
- High school, college degree, required or preferred.
- 5 years applicable functional, supervisory and/or management experience, preferably in the golf industry.
- Demonstrated experience and capability in the areas of budget development, fiscal management, strategic planning, staff management.
- Demonstrated quality written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills.
- Ability to analyze and solve problems; efficiently handle multiple duties under pressure with minimal supervision; work flexible hours as required including nights/weekends.
- Positive attitude, professional manner and appearance in all situations.
All food & beverage front of house staff
Full-time, Non-Seasonal, Salaried, Exempt
KemperSports Management is an Equal Opportunity Employer