Galloping Hill Golf Course
Located in Union County, New Jersey, Galloping Hill is soon to be known as “The Home of Public Golf in New Jersey”. Ideally located off the Garden State Parkway in Kenilworth, New Jersey, this 27-hole facility sprawls across 271 acres. Characterized by its natural terrain of rolling hills and valleys, this newly renovated course has a reputation as one of the most challenging courses in the area. The new 46,000 square foot clubhouse accommodates up to 300 guests and boasts the following features and amenities: Exquisitely designed ballroom with floor to ceiling views, covered outdoor terrace with panoramic views of the golf course and surrounding wooded areas, a private bridal suite, an upscale full service restaurant and bar, a private dining room and a private conference room with state-of-the-art audio visual capabilities. In addition, it is the current home of the New Jersey State Golf Association and Hall of Fame.
The Food and Beverage Director will report to the General Manager and is responsible for overall food and beverage service at Galloping Hill Golf Course. This includes the Hill Tavern Restaurant, banquet facilities, turn window, and beverage cart operations.
The Food and Beverage Director is responsible for the recruitment, training, and supervision of all service and back of the house staff and responsible for the financial and operational management of the food and beverage operations. The Food and Beverage Director will liaison with the sales department in order to facilitate the execution of all outings and events to ensure maximum profitably and client satisfaction. Through aggressive marketing and the creation, planning and execution of monthly specialized events, the Food and Beverage Director is responsible for maximizing the sales potential on the property, and orchestrating an impeccable food and beverage atmosphere that will ensure the highest level of quality product and service to each guest.
- Provide appropriate leadership, direction, supervision, and guidance to subordinate management staff in accord with Company culture and mission statement to promote positive employee morale and performance quality.
- Assist in implementing departmental operating policies & procedures through training and supervision.
- Assist in the branding and concept development for all Food and Beverage locations
- Assure the efficient and timely submission of all required operational, financial, budgetary and related reports.
- Plan and implement staffing schedules to ensure customer satisfaction is achieved within staff plan guidelines. Monitor activities to ensure compliance with company payroll policies and procedures.
- Ensure efficient and accurate execution of ala carte dining, meetings, special events and outings.
- Ensure maintenance of all appropriate sanitation standards including, but not limited to, employee hygiene and uniforms, dining and bar areas, restrooms and beverage carts.
- Schedules personnel and plans room set-up based upon anticipated guest counts and client needs.
- Inspects dining room employees to ensure that they are in proper and clean uniforms at all times.
- Hires, trains and supervises dining room staff.
- Provides appropriate reports concerning employee hours, schedules, pay rates, job changes, tip pools, etc.
- Receives and handles complaints concerning food, beverages or service.
- Works with clients to plan and execute flawless events
- Serves as liaison between the dining room and kitchen staffs.
- Assures that all side work is accomplished, and all cleaning of equipment and storage areas is completed according to schedule.
- Directs pre-meal meetings with dining room personnel. Relays information and policy changes and briefs personnel.
- Assures the correct appearance, cleanliness and proper set-up of the dining rooms. Checks the maintenance of all equipment in the dining room and reports deficiencies.
- Makes suggestions about improvements in dining room procedures and layout.
- Produces daily/meal period sales analyses and other reports from the electronic data machine(s) used in the dining room.
- Assures that the dining room and other club areas are secure at the end of the business day.
- Develops and implements an on-going marketing program to increase business.
- Works interdepartmentally to ensure alignment of property objectives
- Monitors dining room labor and supplies budget; makes adjustments as necessary to achieve financial goals.
- BA/BS degree preferred with an emphasis on hospitality management
- Three years management experience, preferably in the Restaurant or hospitality industry, fine dining experience preferred. Strong wine knowledge preferred.
- Demonstrated quality written, verbal, and in interpersonal communication skills. Along with ability to analyze and solve problems; efficiently handle multiple duties under pressure with minimal supervision; work flexible hours as required including nights/weekends.
- Positive attitude, leadership skills, professional manner and appearance in all situations.
- Entrepreneurial spirit which stimulates business action plans
- Proficient with point-of-sale systems, reporting, internal controls, inventory and staffing. Ability to create strong work cultures while producing Best in Class Service.
KemperSports Management is an Equal Opportunity Employer