Food and Beverage Manager – Spokane Club
About Spokane Club
Spokane Club is a membership-based organization, and member happiness is a primary goal of all staff. Employee happiness is also fundamental to us! We offer free club membership to all of our employees upon start, as well as discounted lessons, training, hotel rooms, and dining experience. An annual bonus after one year is also awarded in appreciation of our fabulous employees.
A day in the life
The Food & Beverage Manager at Spokane Club is responsible for the management of all food and beverage outlets for the club, requiring minimal direction to achieve results. You will assure a high standard of appearance, hospitality and service in staff and cleanliness of all outlets; ensure the wants and needs of members and guests are consistently exceeded; and identify under-performing areas, analyze problem areas and make recommendations to revise F&B operations as needed. You will serve as an internal resource to management in the areas of food cost control, beverage cost control, budgeting/forecasting, labor planning and cost control, training, internal marketing, operating policies & procedures, quality measurement and control, purchasing, receiving, inventory control, and menu planning & pricing. Salary position PLUS tips!
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Assumes full responsibility for management of service for multiple F&B operations.
- Effectively directs all supervisory staff in the daily management of a multifaceted club.
- Consistently motivates trains & schedules self & staff to achieve higher levels of knowledge & performance maintaining appropriate levels of accountability.
- High level of interpersonal skills to ensure: teamwork & cooperation between all outlets, teamwork with other departments, high level of member and guest contact, fact finding for appropriate decision making.
- Commitment to guest service & employee relations.
- Evaluate department to identify under-performing areas through the use of financial measurements, POS system reports, quality control audits, guest surveys and personal site visits to the various outlets.
- Evaluate/uphold F&B department policies and procedures.
- Utilize F&B program “formulas” for various types of outlets.
- Demonstrate ability to analyze and react to changes in volume and revenues.
- Consult with Catering and service special events, as required.
- Develop/maintain “preferred vendor” partnerships and manage buying relationships.
- Serve as an internal resource to management in the areas of food cost control, beverage cost control, budgeting & forecasting, labor planning & cost control, training, internal marketing, operating policies & procedures, quality measurement & control, purchasing, receiving, inventory control, and menu planning & pricing.
- Maintain knowledge of current and projected industry developments.
- Prepare and submit on a timely basis all required operational, financial, budgetary and related reports.
- Appreciation & protection of assets.
- This job requires evening, weekend, and holiday coverage.
- College degree preferred.
- 2-5 years of experience in a food and beverage management capacity, preferably in the private club or hospitality industry.
- Demonstrated experience and capability in the areas of fiscal management and strategic planning.
- Demonstrated quality written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills.
- ServSafe Certified
- OLCC Certified
- Ability to analyze and solve problems; efficiently handle multiple duties under pressure with minimal supervision; work flexible hours as required including nights/weekends.
- Positive attitude, professional manner and appearance in all situations.
Full-time employees and, optionally for additional cost, their families are able to enroll for coverage by medical, dental, vision, and basic life insurance. Employees are able to enroll in our company’s 401k plan after one year.
Full-time employees will also accrue vacation based on hours work to a maximum of ten days per year and six paid holidays throughout the calendar year.
This description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this position. The actual duties, responsibilities, and qualifications may vary based on assignment or group. This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties performed by the Food & Beverage Manager. S/He is required to follow any other instructions and to perform other duties as required by the General Manager.
KemperSports Management is an Equal Opportunity Employer