The Club at Grandezza
The 53,000 square foot clubhouse at The Club at Grandezza provides indoor and outdoor dining, a Junior Olympic-size pool and spa, golf pro shop, 2 fitness centers, tennis facility which offers six Har-Tru courts. 18-hole Darwin Sharp III designed championship par 72 golf course, that features undulating greens, rolling fairways with sharp elevations and an aqua/land driving range. A newly renovated garden to host private venues.
Direct the financial operations of the business. Supervise the accounting functions and directly assist the General Manager on all strategic matters relating to budget management, cost-benefit analysis, forecasting needs and internal control. Develop policies to control and coordinate accounting, auditing, budgets, taxes and related activities and records; develop, establish and administer procedures and systems pertaining to financial matters. Prepare financial statements, forecasts and analyses for all administrative and managerial functions. Maintain all accounting records; develop, analyze and interpret statistical and accounting information. Evaluate operating results for costs, revenues, budgets, policies of operation, trends and increased profit possibilities. Serve as liaison to finance, insurance and pension committees. Supervise the staffing, scheduling, training and professional development of department members.
- Formulates, receives and recommends policy proposals relating to accounting and auditing, the budget, revenue and cost control procedures, preparation and payment of payrolls, tax matters, compilation of statistics and office methods and procedures.
- Directs or prepares the monthly trial balance and resulting financial statements for the business, including the income statement, balance sheet and statement of changes in financial condition, along with required supporting schedules and other data necessary for financial reports and records.
- Manages and conducts internal auditing programs to help assure that records are accurately maintained and that established policies and practices are satisfactorily and consistently followed.
- Prepares operating budgets and financial forecasts in coordination with the general manager; analyzes financial information, monitors budgeted versus actual expenditures and advises management about variances and their potential causes; recommends corrective actions to help assure that budget goals are met.
- Consistently monitors cash flows.
- Works with the business external auditors to assure that procedures are consistent with business policies.
- Directs, may participate in and verifies the taking of inventories for beverages, food, supplies, equipment, furnishings and other business assets. Reconciles monthly ledgers including receivables, payables, bank and other asset accounts, and wage accounts.
- Informs and advises other department heads about the financial aspects of their responsibilities.
- Prepares or supervises preparation of applicable tax returns.
- Prepares accounting reports as necessary and appropriate for the General Manager
- Selects, trains, supervises, schedules and evaluates accounting staff.
- Oversees member billing and collection procedures.
- Compiles, approves and maintains credit applications for vendors.
- Maintains fixed asset ledgers and prepares depreciation schedules for monthly entries.
- Manages assigned projects as they relate to the department and club’s needs.
- Audits members and guests’ charges; checks cash sheets to assure that all receipts for member’s accounts have been posted.
- Audits all cash and charge expenditures.
- Establishes and maintains tournament accounting records and financial statements.
- Monitors collection of past due accounts advises general manager when difficult situations may arise.
- Plans professional development and training activities for staff.
- Monitors accounts receivable and takes action according to established club policies and procedures.
- Works with the general manager and department heads to plan and manage capital budgets and cash flow statements.
- Manages, reviews, suggests, and monitors changes in the automated financial management and accounting system.
- Reconciles bank statements.
- Maintains necessary procedures for confidentiality relating to club and employee issues.
- Assist with HR.
- Other duties may be assigned.
Education and/or Experience
- Bachelor’s degree from four-year college or university.
- Five to seven years of professional accounting experience with at least two of those years at the Controller level or equivalent in business operation.
- Northstar Preferred
Licenses and Special Requirements
Certified Hospitality Accounting Executive (CHAE) recommended.
Physical Demands and Work Environment
- Must be able to reach, bend, stoop, stand and lift up to 40 pounds.
- Must be able to sit for prolonged periods of time.
- Moderate noise level in the work environment
KemperSports is an Equal Opportunity Employer