Covered Bridge Golf Club
Located in beautiful Southern Indiana and less than 20 minutes from downtown Louisville, KY, Covered Bridge is the premier daily fee golf course in the region. The Club is in a fast-growing upscale community and hosts golf, golf outings, weddings, meetings, and events.
Responsible for all food and pastry production including that used for restaurants, banquet functions and other outlets. Develops menus, food purchase specifications and recipes. Supervises production staff. Develops and monitors food and labor budget for the department. Maintains highest food quality and sanitation standards. Direct report to Food and Beverage Director & General Manger of the club.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Plan menus and assist with menu pricing taking into consideration customer needs, marketing conditions, popularity of various dishes, holidays, costs, and a wide variety of other factors.
- Schedule and coordinate the work of chefs, cooks, and other kitchen employees to assure that food production is economical and technically correct.
- Develop recipes and techniques for food preparation and presentation, which help to assure consistently high quality and to minimize food costs. Exercise portion control over all items served.
- Approve the requisition of products and other necessary food supplies.
- Ensure sanitation and cleanliness standards are maintained throughout the kitchen areas at all times.
- Establish controls and monitor kitchen activities to minimize food and supply waste and theft.
- Train food preparation employees regarding safety, sanitation and accident prevention principles.
- Prepare all necessary data for the budget, project annual food and labor costs. Monitor actual financial results and take corrective action where necessary to help assure that financial goals are met.
- Consult with the events team about food production aspects of special events being planned.
- Cook or directly supervise the cooking of items that require skillful preparation.
- Evaluate raw food products and monitor the quality of prepared foods to assure that applicable standards are consistently attained.
- Plan and manage the employee meal program.
- Manage employment activities for kitchen staff members, including but not limited to, personnel recruitment and selection, performance evaluations, training, compensation, discipline and termination, etc.
- Maintain knowledge of current and projected industry developments through continuous attention to industry periodicals and participation in relevant trade associations and organizations.
- Assure the efficient and timely submission of all required operational, financial, budgetary, and related reports.
- Perform other duties as appropriate.
- Make regular inspections of equipment to ensure safe operation.
- College degree preferred.
- 5 years culinary experience, supervisory and/or management experience, preferably in the golf industry; to include events, weddings and banquets.
- State certified and/or Serve Safe certified.
- Demonstrated experience and capability in the areas of budget development, fiscal management, strategic planning, staff management.
- Demonstrated quality written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills.
- Ability to analyze and solve problems; efficiently handle multiple duties under pressure with minimal supervision; work flexible hours as required including nights/weekends.
- Positive attitude, professional manner, and appearance in all situations.
All back of the house food and beverage staff. Cover as MOD in rare instances where scheduling conflicts dictate.
Full-time, Salaried, Exempt
KemperSports Management is an Equal Opportunity Employer