Executive Chef – Royal Melbourne Country Club
About Royal Melbourne Country Club
Royal Melbourne Country Club in Long Grove, Il combines understated elegance with a contemporary attitude. Our country club is distinguished by its diverse membership, phenomenal golf experience, fun recreation activities, and year-round social events. We are a chosen venue for weddings, special occasions, and corporate events. Learn more here!
A day in the life
As the Executive Chef you will supervise the production staff and provide training regarding safety, sanitation and accident prevention principles along with cooking or directly supervising the cooking of items that require skillful preparation. You will also develop menus, food purchase specifications and recipes along with monitoring food and labor budget for the department.
Responsibilities include, but not limited to:
- Planning menus and assisting with menu pricing taking into consideration customer needs, marketing conditions, popularity of various dishes, holidays, costs, and a wide variety of other factors.
- Scheduling and coordinating the work of chefs, cooks, and other kitchen employees to assure that food production is economical and technically correct.
- Approving the requisition of products and other necessary food supplies.
- Ensuring sanitation and cleanliness standards are always maintained throughout the kitchen areas.
- Establishing controls and monitoring kitchen activities to minimize food and supply waste and theft.
- Preparing all necessary data for the budget, project annual food and labor costs. Monitoring actual financial results and take corrective action where necessary to help assure that financial goals are met.
- Consulting with the food and beverage team about food production aspects of special events being planned.
- Evaluating raw food products and monitoring the quality of prepared foods to assure that applicable standards are consistently attained.
- Planning and managing the employee meal program.
- Managing employment activities for kitchen staff members, including but not limited to, personnel recruitment and selection, performance evaluations, training, compensation, discipline, and termination, etc.
- Maintaining knowledge of current and projected industry developments through continuous attention to industry periodicals and participation in relevant trade associations and organizations.
- Assuring the efficient and timely submission of all required operational, financial, budgetary, and related reports.
- Perform other duties as appropriate.
- College degree preferred.
- 7-8 years culinary experience, supervisory and/or management experience, preferably in the golf industry.
- State certified and/or Serve Safe certified.
- Demonstrate experience and capability in the areas of budget development, fiscal management, strategic planning, staff management.
- Demonstrate quality written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills.
- Organized, proactive and a team player in every aspect.
- Ability to analyze and solve problems; efficiently handle multiple duties under pressure with minimal supervision; work flexible hours as required including nights/weekends.
- Positive attitude, professional manner, and appearance in all situations.
Compensation & Benefits
- Competitive salary commensurate on experience plus bonus potential.
- Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance
- Employee Assistance Program, Flex Spending Account
- Long & Short-Term Disability
- Vacation, Sick Days, Holidays
- Limited Use of Golf Course and Clubhouse
- Merchandise Discount at Pro Shop
KemperSports Management is an Equal Opportunity Employer