About Covered Bridge Golf Club
Located in beautiful Southern Indiana and less than 20 minutes from downtown Louisville, KY, Covered Bridge is the premier daily fee golf course in the region.
The Club is in a fast-growing upscale community and hosts golf, golf outings, weddings, meetings, and events.
A day in the life
You will be responsible for all food and pastry production including that used for restaurants, banquet functions and other outlets. You will also supervise production staff and develop/monitor food and labor budget for the department.
Responsibilities include, but not limited to:
- Plan menus and assist with menu pricing taking into consideration customer needs, marketing conditions, popularity of various dishes, holidays, costs, and a wide variety of other factors.
- Schedule and coordinate the work of chefs, cooks and other kitchen employees to assure that food production is economical and technically correct.
- Develop recipes and techniques for food preparation and presentation.
- Approve the requisition of products and other necessary food supplies.
- Ensure sanitation and cleanliness standards are maintained throughout the kitchen areas at all times.
- Establish controls and monitor kitchen activities to minimize food and supply waste and theft.
- Train food preparation employees regarding safety, sanitation and accident prevention principles.
- Prepare all necessary data for the budget, project annual food and labor costs.
- Consult with the events team about food production aspects of special events being planned.
- Cook or directly supervise the cooking of items that require skillful preparation.
- Evaluate raw food products and monitor the quality of prepared foods to assure that applicable standards are consistently attained.
- Plan and manage the employee meal program.
- Manage employment activities for kitchen staff members.
- Assure the efficient and timely submission of all required operational, financial, budgetary, and related reports.
We are looking for someone with a positive attitude who demonstrates experience and capability in the areas of budget development, fiscal management, strategic planning, staff management.
- 5 years culinary experience, supervisory and/or management experience, preferably in the golf industry; to include events, weddings and banquets.
- State certified and/or Serve Safe certified.
- Demonstrated experience and capability in the areas of budget development, fiscal management, strategic planning, staff management.
- Demonstrated quality written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills.
- Ability to analyze and solve problems; efficiently handle multiple duties under pressure with minimal supervision; work flexible hours as required including nights/weekends.
- Positive attitude, professional manner, and appearance in all situations.
KemperSports Management is an Equal Opportunity Employer