Cedar Point Club
Cedar Point Club is a 27-hole premier private club located at the confluence of the Nansemond and James Rivers in Suffolk, Va. Established in 1964, the 7,100-yard, 18-hole golf course was renovated in 2004 by Virginia-based renowned course architect Tom Clark and features TifSport Bermuda tees and fairways, drought- and heat-resistant A1/A4 bent grass greens, and newly constructed bunkers, creating superb course conditions year-round. Host of four Virginia State Golf Association (VSGA) Men’s State Amateur Championships (1975, 1982, 2009, 2022) and the future home of the 2023 VSGA Women’s Amateur, Cedar Point also offers members and their guests a fun and unique nine-hole, par-3 course that presents some of the most spectacular vistas in the enitre Tidewater area.
Cedar Point also includes an 18-station driving range, putting and chipping greens, four outdoor lighted Har-Tru clay tennis courts, two indoor Deco-Turf courts, a brand-new family aquatics center equipped with a poolside restaurant, as well as casual and private dining inside the clubhouse that can accommodate private celebrations and events of up to 200 people.
Responsible for all food production including that used for restaurants, banquet functions and other outlets. Develops menus, food purchase specifications and recipes. Supervises production and execution staff. Develops and monitors food and labor budget for the department. Maintains the highest food quality and sanitation standards.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Plan menus and assist with menu pricing taking into consideration customer needs, marketing conditions, popularity of various dishes, holidays, costs, and a wide variety of other factors.
- Schedule and coordinate the work of chefs, cooks and other kitchen employees to assure that food production is economical and technically correct.
- Develop recipes and techniques for food preparation and presentation, which help to assure consistently high quality and to minimize food costs. Exercise portion control over all items served.
- Approve the requisition of products and other necessary food supplies.
- Ensure sanitation and cleanliness standards are maintained throughout the kitchen areas at all times.
- Establish controls and monitor kitchen activities to minimize food and supply waste and theft.
- Execute monthly inventory to insure budgeted COGS are achieved.
- Code invoices and review daily/weekly to ensure budgeted operational expenses are achieved.
- Train food preparation employees regarding safety, sanitation and accident prevention principles.
- Prepare all necessary data for the budget; project annual food and labor costs. Monitor actual financial results and take corrective action where necessary to help assure that financial goals are met.
- Consult with the Events Director about food production aspects of special events being planned.
- Cook or directly supervise the cooking of items that require skillful preparation.
- Evaluate raw food products and monitor the quality of prepared foods to assure that applicable standards are consistently attained.
- Plan and manage the employee meal program.
- Manage employment activities for kitchen staff members, including but not limited to, personnel recruitment and selection, performance evaluations, training, compensation, discipline and termination, etc.
- Maintain knowledge of current and projected industry developments through continuous attention to industry periodicals and participation in relevant trade associations and organizations.
- Assure the efficient and timely submission of all required operational, financial, budgetary and related reports.
- Perform other duties as appropriate.
- College degree preferred.
- 3 years culinary experience, supervisory and/or management experience, preferably in the golf industry.
- State certified and/or Serve Safe certified.
- Demonstrated experience and capability in the areas of budget development, fiscal management, strategic planning, staff management.
- Demonstrated quality written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills.
- Ability to analyze and solve problems; efficiently handle multiple duties under pressure with minimal supervision; work flexible hours as required including holidays, nights/weekends.
- Positive attitude, professional manner, and appearance in all situations.
Position Physical Requirements
- Must have the ability to:
- Read and write (English)
- Communicate verbally with staff members and/or customers
- Give and/or follow verbal and written instructions
- Supervise subordinates
- Visually inspect all work areas
- Operate equipment for several hours at a time
- Perform mathematical calculations involving fractions, decimals, and percentages
- Retrieve, read and interpret information from technical sources
- Stand, sit, walk, push, pull, lift, grasp, bend and kneel for up to 5 hours at a time
- Lift up to 100 lbs occasionally, 50 lbs frequently, and 20 lbs constantly
- Work hours may include days and evenings on weekdays and weekends. Work primarily indoors in a restaurant/lounge environment, with some outdoor work involving patio, pool, and on-course service.
- Will be exposed to sharp utensils, extremely hot stoves and grills, sharp and rapid equipment movements, hot food, potentially dangerous chemicals and solvents on a daily basis.
- May be exposed, from time to time, to inclement weather, potentially dangerous pesticides, herbicides, fertilizers, equipment movement hazards, and misdirected golf balls.
- Injury may result if safety policies and practices are not properly followed at all times.
All back of the house food and beverage staff.
Full-Time, Non-Seasonal, Salaried, Exempt
KemperSports Management is an Equal Opportunity Employer