Equipment Operator – Royal Melbourne Country Club
Established in 1992, Royal Melbourne Country Club is a private, member-only club located in Long Grove, Illinois with 380 total members. Royal Melbourne is Greg Norman’s first course design in the continental US and also features a Junior Olympic size pool and four Har-Tru clay tennis courts. The club has a very active social scene, outstanding dining and several private rooms for both personal and business entertaining, plus a wealth of special events. The Club is a robust host of banquets including 30+ weddings annually.
Royal Melbourne CC combines the beauty of the sport with the beauty of nature. The course reflects Greg Norman’s design philosophy: that a private club should offer its members a challenging yet fair round of golf. Other amenities include a fully stocked golf shop, a choice of golf carts or caddies, a full practice facility, and lavishly appointed locker rooms. Club is owned and operated by KemperSports.
Under general direction from the Golf Course Superintendent, Assistant Superintendent or Crew Foreman, the Equipment operator safely utilizes a variety of tools, machinery and equipment to perform maintenance duties around the golf course and grounds. Responsibilities also include cleaning equipment after each use and performing minor repairs and/or routine maintenance on the equipment.
We are hiring for Part-time or Full-time, Seasonal or Non-Seasonal.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Safely operate equipment and accessories as trained and assigned including, but not limited to, greens mowers, rotary mowers, flymos, gang mowers, tri-plex mowers, vertical mowers, line trimmers, edgers, utility vehicles, back-pack blowers, portable pumps, aerifiers, spikers, mechanical top dressers, sod cutters, mechanical bunker rakes, tractors, sweepers, blades, loaders, backhoes, trenchers, chain saws, and miscellaneous hand tools.
- Properly care for assigned equipment by inspecting machinery before and after each use, cleaning machinery after each use, making necessary minor adjustments to equipment and reporting machinery/equipment problems to the mechanic.
- Maintain maintenance and fluid use logs (gas and oil) on assigned equipment.
- Perform daily maintenance tasks on the golf course and grounds as well as the maintenance facility and clubhouse as assigned and directed. Duties may include, but not limited to, loading and unloading materials, trimming trees, removing cuttings, laying sod, hand raking bunkers, drainage installation and repair, and repairing ball marks and filling divots.
- Perform golf course service and set up work as directed.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- High school, college degree, required or preferred.
- 1 year experience with equipment and/or in golf course maintenance or landscaping preferred.
- Valid driver’s license. Driving record meeting Company safety policies and guidelines.
- Demonstrated ability to operate golf course equipment.
- Demonstrated quality verbal, and interpersonal communication skills.
- Ability to analyze and solve problems; efficiently handle multiple duties under pressure with minimal supervision; work flexible hours as required including nights/weekends.
- Positive attitude, professional manner and appearance in all situations.
KemperSports Management is an Equal Opportunity Employer