Harborside International Golf Center
Located just minutes from Chicago’s downtown “loop” area, Harborside brings championship golf to Chicago’s doorstep.
Harborside International’s two exceptional courses, Port & Starboard, were designed by renowned architect Dick Nugent to bring a great tradition of links golf to Chicago. No other course in the area can combine the rugged links exterior, with sculpted fairways and manicured greens. Harborside was the previous host site of the Champions Tour’s SBC Senior Open and each course has consistently been rated among the top you can play in the state of Illinois by several major publications.
Harborside features a magnificent 24,000 square foot Prairie Style clubhouse that can seat up to 300 people for outings, meetings and banquets. Harborside is also home to arguably one of the best practice facilities in the Chicago area featuring a 57-acre range, putting greens, golf academy and short game facility. For additional information on Harborside International Golf Center, please visit their website at www.harborsidegolf.com.
The equipment manager, under supervision of the golf course superintendent, oversees a comprehensive preventative maintenance program for the grounds department’s equipment. The program includes the repair of failing equipment, keeping records of parts and labor needed to maintain each piece of equipment, and placing orders for parts and supplies needed for equipment or service. The equipment manager properly communicates any need or problems relating to the maintenance or repair of equipment to the superintendent. The equipment manager places safety as a top priority and is responsible for maintaining a clean service area and maintenance building.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for all aspects of the golf course equipment fleet
- Implement a maintenance program with accurate record keeping
- Maintain an accurate schedule for day-to-day repairs and maintenance
- Prepare and manage the equipment repair and maintenance budget
- Monitor the ordering and receiving program to maintain proper inventories of supplies and ensure proper quantity and price on all purchases
- Maintain an organized, clean, and safe equipment facility and environment
- Assist in the development of the annual maintenance budget and operating plan
- Ensure all equipment operates properly, efficiently, and safely
- Assist training staff on preventative maintenance, operation, and cleaning of equipment
- Adjust all mowing units after each use
- Assist with the maintenance, construction and grow-in operations.
- Establish and implement a cleaning and preventative maintenance program for appropriate equipment, tools, vehicles, etc.
- Maintain accurate records pertaining to department activities including, but not limited to, equipment repair, safety meetings and activities. Assure the efficient and timely submission of all required operational, financial, budgetary and related reports
- Maintain knowledge of current and projected industry developments through continuous attention to industry periodicals and participation in relevant trade associations and organizations
- High school education required, college degree preferred
- Prior construction/grow-in experience is a plus but not required
- Valid Driver’s License
- Ability to operate heavy equipment
- Be able to perform heavy physical work, may be required to lift up to 75 pounds occasionally, up to 50 pounds frequently, performing such activities as bending, stooping, kneeling, crouching, climbing, reaching, standing, walking, pushing, pulling, lifting, and grasping, for up to five hours without sitting
- Ability to work in a variety of weather conditions while repairing equipment
- Advanced knowledge of golf course equipment repair, maintenance, reel grinding, and facility management
- Ability to diagnose and repair all functions of turf and landscape equipment
- Skills in welding and metal fabrication a plus
- Ability to analyze and solve problems; efficiently handle multiple duties under pressure with minimal supervision; work flexible hours as required including nights/weekends
- Demonstrated experience and capability in the areas of budget development, fiscal management, strategic planning, staff management
- Demonstrated quality written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills
- Positive attitude, professional manner and appearance in all situations
Full-time, year-round, non-exempt
KemperSports is an Equal Opportunity Employer